By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Microsoft can cut Xbox 360 price at anytime

Clearly, given MS have shown they are willing to burn a lot of money since the Xbox launched, if it looks like a price cut is needed depending on where PS3 Slim sales settle, MS will seriously considering taking it, whether it impacts profits or not.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

No 360 price cut confirmed!!

Hope then cut it before this holiday, and bring in a new fresh 250gb. Why settle for 120 when you can get 250 :D

kowenicki said:
libellule said:
yes they can

but they also want to get some money

we will see, everything is possible with MS (sadly)

why sadly?  what is bad about a price reduction for consumers?  please explain.....

He's a Sony fanboy, and sad that anything is possible for MS.

Reasonable said:
Clearly, given MS have shown they are willing to burn a lot of money since the Xbox launched, if it looks like a price cut is needed depending on where PS3 Slim sales settle, MS will seriously considering taking it, whether it impacts profits or not.

True. The billions lost on the original xbox proves that MS will happily burn money.

Not sure there are any profits to be impacted on, but that depends on who you believe.

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
kowenicki said:
libellule said:
yes they can

but they also want to get some money

we will see, everything is possible with MS (sadly)

why sadly?  what is bad about a price reduction for consumers?  please explain.....

He's a Sony fanboy, and sad that anything is possible for MS.

Yup. OT: I hope they cut the price tag for the Arcade, or add a 20GB HDD with it, because as it stands, imo, it's not worth it.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

They are going to need something with Sony releasing GOWIII and Gran Turismo next year with FFXIII this year....Sony has all three regions covered

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

It is dumping.

The past five weeks have shown that a new X360 price point does not generate a substantiation increased sales. The ability to lower prices at will is a nice card to have, but the card has been overplayed.

OMG I don't know what to buy X360 or PS3. They're making it hard as hell to choose but it's all good news though.