By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Uncharted 2 push PS3 sales above 300,000 and if so, how much?

No.

I think it may increase sales about 10% (if that)

Bringing the PS3 to around 250k for that week.

Around the Network

Demon's Souls + Uncharted 2 will push PS3 to 300k. Wait and you'll see.

foolpittier said:
sorry I wasn't very clear I meant 300,000 week one. It seems entirely possible to me that Uncharted 2 could push 60,000 units of extra hardware. I'm pretty sure I remember Killzone 2 having a similar increase and although Uncharted 2 didn't have nearly as much hype as killzone 2, it also wasn't plagued be a lackluster prequel.

Killzone 2 was the first Killzone on the PS3. Uncharted 2 is the second Uncharted on the PS3. That's the difference.

rccsetzer said:

Hardly a system seller.

Uncharted 2, possibly.

snyperdud said:
rccsetzer said:

Hardly a system seller.

Uncharted 2, possibly.

Actually theres something going on with demons souls, I was surprise to see 5 people in my friend list playing it today, what suprises me even more is that 3 out of the 5 do not play RPG normally.

Around the Network

no, hell no

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think sales of PS3 should stay the same as this week.

In other words, the sales of the PS3 should be a little lower due to the PS3 slim + price cut effect wearing off, but the release of U2 will boost sales enough to keep selling the PS3 at its current pace.

Icyedge said:
snyperdud said:
rccsetzer said:

Hardly a system seller.

Uncharted 2, possibly.

Actually theres something going on with demons souls, I was surprise to see 5 people in my friend list playing it today, what suprises me even more is that 3 out of the 5 do not play RPG normally.

Yeah, but did all your friends have a PS3 already?

Anyway, I agree. Demon's Souls is a lot bigger than most predicted I think, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will move systems. 

I seriously doubt that Uncharted 2 wil give the PS3 that kind of boost next week, maybe a 10k-15k, but nothing to significant.

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Smeags said:
The thing about Uncharted 2, and Halo ODST, and WiiFit Plus (among other games) is that they're sequels. Sequels to games that have debuted on the respective console earlier this generation (Uncharted, Halo 3, and WiiFit respectively).

I really think that the original games had carved out an audience for each console that wasn't there before. In other words, they were system sellers. Now, the audience that these games created are still here. And they're eagerly anticipating each game (See: ODST and WiiFit Plus software sales). But will these games create a brand new audience that will drastically increase hardware sales? I doubt it.

The difference is ODST and Wii Fit are exapansions. They offer nothing that Halo 3 and Wii Fit didn't.

Uncharted was not hugely hyped. It didn't recieve any major awards or high critical acclaim. Its first week sales were pathetic.

Uncharted 2 is massively hyped. It already has a bunch of awards from E3. It's the hot favourite for GOTY 09 and is one of the highest rated games of all time. It also has competive and co-op mutliplayer. It seems likely to sell around 1 million copies in the first week.

The first Uncharted wasn't the kind of game you buy a system for. Uncharted 2 is.