By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will never beat 360 this generation.

The final verdict is this; If Microsoft feels the need to lower the price on the 360 they will do so accordingly. Right now there is a 7 1/2 million console lead over Sony. I think its a little premature right now to even consider Sony taking back second place. Microsoft obviously has way more leverage to lower the price on the console seeing as it doesn't include blue-ray or WiFi. The Elite could easily be lowered to $249 without breaking a sweat. HDDs don't cost that much and with the arcade being priced at $199, a $249 Elite sounds about right. And if the future for the 360 is as doomed as you Sony fans say it is, then the $199 Elite wild card comes out and we know what happens when the $199 price point comes around. Apparently some people don't realize how much money Microsoft is worth. Microsoft doesn't like to fail. They aren't gonna let Sony take back the market just because they are afraid to lose a little money on hardware.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:
The final verdict is this; If Microsoft feels the need to lower the price on the 360 they will do so accordingly. Right now there is a 7 1/2 million console lead over Sony. I think its a little premature right now to even consider Sony taking back second place. Microsoft obviously has way more leverage to lower the price on the console seeing as it doesn't include blue-ray or WiFi. The Elite could easily be lowered to $249 without breaking a sweat. HDDs don't cost that much and with the arcade being priced at $199, a $249 Elite sounds about right. And if the future for the 360 is as doomed as you Sony fans say it is, then the $199 Elite wild card comes out and we know what happens when the $199 price point comes around. Apparently some people don't realize how much money Microsoft is worth. Microsoft doesn't like to fail. They aren't gonna let Sony take back the market just because they are afraid to lose a little money on hardware.

LoL they wont let Sony take back the market its not MS market to lose, nintendo kinda owns it right now. 

Its funny how many of you think MS is just willing to lose $ to beat Sony.  MS can't be that retarded, no one is other then delusional fanboys.

By the way no one is dommed not MS not Sony sure as hell not Nintendo, enough with that fanboy stupidity. 

PS3 was released a year after 360. Catching up and surpassing would be an amazing feat at this point, but given the upcoming holiday season it could really happen (not at Xmas, but in early 2010). There's FF13 in Japan, GT coming up 2010, GOW3 - so well-priced hardware+killer software might lead to this 'feat'.

What if this gen doesnt end for 5 more years? then im sure PS3 will catch up to the 360 unless Natal is biscuits and gravy! 

This thread turned into a shit fest... thanks ronstar.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
This thread turned into a shit fest... thanks ronstar.

Actually, this is a thread with very many well constructed pro Microsoft and Pro Sony points that can all be taken in to consideration. (Peoples points vary)

Then you came in and added NOTHING to it.

Now thats a shit fest.

Ronster316 said:
Come on, time to face facts.................. Sony just played their last trump card (ps3 slim) and all the more worryingly for sony is that they were forced in to launching the slim in order to stay in the game.
(I suspect it was launched earlier than planned too which obviously doesn't help their situation)

Sales have been good for sony lately thanks to the slim (or "last throw of the dice" as i like to call it) but Microsoft still have plenty left in the tank in terms of price drops and appealing bundles ect.

3rd place is beckoning for sony......... bottom line____________________

...lol. Well constructed debates eh?

Looks ore like bitter tears and what you want to happen

letsdance said:
Ronster316 said:
Come on, time to face facts.................. Sony just played their last trump card (ps3 slim) and all the more worryingly for sony is that they were forced in to launching the slim in order to stay in the game.
(I suspect it was launched earlier than planned too which obviously doesn't help their situation)

Sales have been good for sony lately thanks to the slim (or "last throw of the dice" as i like to call it) but Microsoft still have plenty left in the tank in terms of price drops and appealing bundles ect.

...lol. Well constructed debates eh?

Looks ore like bitter tears and what you want to happen

Theres many peoples opinions in here that differ, many sony fans want the right outcome for sony, many Microsoft fans want the right outcome for microsoft.

Instead of talking garbage about my posts why don't you say somthing constructive instead of criticising my opinion?

I agree with Natal... It could be a big hit! and change the way we play game.

Ronster316 said:

^This