By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom still giving Nintendo the crumbs...

HappySqurriel said:

Another way to look at the same list

PC, XBox 360 and PS3 Multiplatform games:

• Bionic Commando - I have a softspot for this type of stuff.
  • Lost Planet - YES! BEAUTIFUL! Come to my PS3s... come to them... both of them!
  • Devil May Cry 4 - I hate to say this, but... I dont care.
  • Talisman - This is a win. Just click this link.

XBox 360 and PS3 multiplatform games

• Commando 3 - More gauntlet like stuff... but tactical!
  • Dark Void - Topless art, rocket pack, and great spaceship design... that's good enough for me.
  • Rocketmen: Axis of Evil - Finally, a Gauntlet sequel, worth mention. It's not gauntlet? minor detail.
  • Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix - Meh
  • Street Fighter IV - Meh

Wii Exclusive Games

• Zak and Wiki - Meh
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - I hate shooter games, without a gun.
  • We Love Golf - I hate golf.
  • Monster Hunter 3 Tri - I never played any of these, but I plan on getting the new one for the PSP soon, and I will definatly give this one a try at least.

Wii Multiplatform games

• Okami - All I gotta say is, Okami... with a pointer. A+ Winner.

Capcom is hedging their bets with the XBox 360 and PS3 by released EVERY game on both systems with quite a few hitting the PC. It seems that Capcom has enough faith in the Wii to release their Wii games as exclusives (when they could have released many as PS2/PSP games).

Over the next several months I would expect to see a similar trend of Wii games being exclusive while more and more PS3/XBox 360 games are fully multiplatform; at the same time I would expect them to slowly announce more Wii games than PS3/XBox 360/PC multiplatform games (although that will be a slow and steady improvement).

I highlighted in bold the games I care about, followed by explanation.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

RE5 should be on Wii and PSP. A year later, they should come out with an improved version on PS3/360. Capcom could make everyone happy and a ton of money that way. However, since Capcom gave Wii 2 REs this year, don't expect RE5 on the Wii.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

We will see more RE on the Wii. Just not before RE5 and not RE5. I am guessing that on the outside chance RE:UC does better than RE4 on the Wii we will see a shooter sequel in the RE5 setting, otherwise we will see a Wii specific standard RE. It might work as a sort of side quest from 5 or be a sequel to some of the action in 4.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

First it was, "I love Capcom for giving me PS2 ports!"

Now you hate it?

Make up your mind!

i wouls love to see more of a RE4 style game--those controls are so....*starts to cry from joy*

Around the Network

RE: UC and Z&W are two of my most anticipated titles for this holiday season...so I'm cool with Capcom.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

As far as i know nothing but a trailer has been released about Street Fighter 4 which means that it hasn't been cofirmed what systems it's released on

I for one really hope that the graphical style showed in the trailer for SF IV carries over to the game. Okami's visuals give me hope that this is possible.

Onimusha12 said:
Please don't take this the wrong way...

Does anyone actually still care that much about the Street Fighter franchise?

Only for sentimental "It was fun back in the day..." reasons.

For those reasons, I'd like for it to make a comeback however it hasn't done anything impressive recently.

Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix is a huge game for me. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is one of my top 3 fighting games and the only one that is still being improved. I will get it when it comes to the Wii VC but I'd love to have an online version of it. I could care less about HD, just give me online. Hopefully it comes out with online for Wii.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com