By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

Buzzi said:
kitler53 said:
Buzzi said:
letsdance said:
I didn't say you were attacking Sony but I figured that you must have inside information if you are telling us Sony lost money again this quarter

No, i'm just a simple gamer who likes speaking of numbers.

Last quarter the data was all over the internet, about this quarter i just know that Kaz said that "ps3 hardware is still sold at loss but the whole brand is profitable".

My prediction is that this will be another negative quarter, but i'm not denying ps3 numbers are huge and surprising...if they were making profit also on HW it was the best case.

lol.

It's funny because in your opinion is obvious or you're desagreeing?

i'm not agreeing or disagreeing, franking i'm on the fence about what sony's next quarter will look like.  i'm laughing because (unless i'm misreading this) you are using a quote from Kaz that states the playstation brand is profitable as evidence that the playstation brand will not be profitable next quarter.

Around the Network

ZOMFG! Look at XB360 numbers! Everything else is DOMED!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Am i the only one very impressed with psp ? it's got a new model that's A LOT more expensive.. yet sales double ? awesome.

PS3 holding up epicly well aswel.

Check out my game about moles ^

@staude

there was a price cut in japan

but PSP sales are gOOD!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kitler53 said:
Buzzi said:
kitler53 said:
Buzzi said:
letsdance said:
I didn't say you were attacking Sony but I figured that you must have inside information if you are telling us Sony lost money again this quarter

No, i'm just a simple gamer who likes speaking of numbers.

Last quarter the data was all over the internet, about this quarter i just know that Kaz said that "ps3 hardware is still sold at loss but the whole brand is profitable".

My prediction is that this will be another negative quarter, but i'm not denying ps3 numbers are huge and surprising...if they were making profit also on HW it was the best case.

lol.

It's funny because in your opinion is obvious or you're desagreeing?

i'm not agreeing or disagreeing, franking i'm on the fence about what sony's next quarter will look like.  i'm laughing because (unless i'm misreading this) you are using a quote from Kaz that states the playstation brand is profitable as evidence that the playstation brand will not be profitable next quarter.

I understand now.

Kaz said the PS brand is profitable, but last quarter wasn't, it's just his prediction from now on.

I used that quote from him to confirm that the ps3 HW is still sold at a loss, which is a point against a positive quarter...nothing more.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@staude

but PSP sales are gOOD!

It didn't just go up in japan though-

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@staude

but PSP sales are gOOD!

It didn't just go up in japan though-

I understand, but lets see how it holds now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Kinda weird to see that green in the bottom. PSP was always the sure slumdog.

Those Japanese Wii sales are a little depressing, could show that the platform really is stagnating in Japan, but we'll wait to see what holiday sales do. Great results otherwise, though.

PS3 could still be riding on Tales of Vesperia there, aside from the price-drop, which could explain a bit, while the overall boost came from FIFA and Europe.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

............It really was the price of the PS3 that held it back ... huh. jk

Good sales! And again, the race is getting fun and interesting again just like in the days I use to lurk.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson