By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

@CGI

what tone & content?

people slammed PS3 & its fans, now things have turned around

I dunno why it was locked now, with the kind of PS3 trolling in that thread, it should have been locked on the day itself before the thread got to 100 posts.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

the thread is unlocked sweet!.....can i have magicks too?

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

whoops wrong forum

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

why was Strifehawkins banned?

CGI-Quality said:
^^ I just think that the people had a right to be happy about the multiplatform announcement, but they took it too far with some of the comments made in there. Nobody's perfect, but some of the comments in there, as in here (as in most controversial threads), were indeed outrageous...

Fanboys take everything too far, no matter what it is, all systems included (though I do think MS and Sony fanboys take it further than Nintendo fanboys).

Ps3 and 360 fanboys have been switching places the entirity of this generation (one attacking the other sales vs one defending sales), and will probably switch again in 10 months. Meanwhile Wii fans overreact to any game announcement that can be remotely good like it's the second coming of Christ, perfect example: epic Mickey.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@darh

You have lost it in this thread man... raking that up, after being egged on by carl (embarrassed for you with that post carl), isnt worth it.

The FFXIII was a big deal at the time, the reaction of some in that thread was stupid but it doesnt do to rake it up again. it'll just end badly especially if you call individuals out.

He, being strife hawkins SPECIFICALLY mentioned the reactions of gamers when FF13 was announced as multiplat

You said his post was full of BS & contradictions......all I did was offer proof by linking that thread.

FF13 was a big deal at the time......big enough deal to make a 350 post thread & a big enough deal to make some of the most respected members of this site to say PS3 is dead, bumping such a thread just to say "you were wrong guys" is nothing too big

When John Lucas's thread saying "MGS4 won't be released on PS3 prediction" was bumped on the day MGS4 released on PS3, why didn't it get locked either?

The situation was the same here

The people on this site love to mock people for flop predictions, they LOVE to make fun of crazzyman everyday, the truth is most people had become a crazzyman in that thread, pointing that out by bumping it isn't wrong at all.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
@darh

You have lost it in this thread man... raking that up, after being egged on by carl (embarrassed for you with that post carl), isnt worth it.

The FFXIII was a big deal at the time, the reaction of some in that thread was stupid but it doesnt do to rake it up again. it'll just end badly especially if you call individuals out.

He, being strife hawkins SPECIFICALLY mentioned the reactions of gamers when FF13 was announced as multiplat

You said his post was full of BS & contradictions......all I did was offer proof by linking that thread.

FF13 was a big deal at the time......big enough deal to make a 350 post thread & a big enough deal to make some of the most respected members of this site to say PS3 is dead, bumping such a thread just to say "you were wrong guys" is nothing too big

When John Lucas's thread saying "MGS4 won't be released on PS3 prediction" was bumped on the day MGS4 released on PS3, why didn't it get locked either?

The situation was the same here

The people on this site love to mock people for flop predictions, they LOVE to make fun of crazzyman everyday, the truth is most people had become a crazzyman in that thread, pointing that out by bumping it isn't wrong at all.

God, "love" is an understatement. It's like the only reason people come to this site is to mock flopped predictions.

A lot of times the predictions are reasonable based on current trends and data, but every once in a while something comes in and breaks the mold (Wii, DS, PS3 Slim) and people go back to the other threads and say "LOL LOOKS LIKE SOME PEOPLE NEED TO EAT SOME CROW!" It's incredibly annoying. Then when one person makes a crazy prediction that miraculous comes true by dumb luck, they act like they knew it all along.

kowenicki y u so serious
its harmless fun, alot of gamers are more mature, me included (kinda)

There's nothing wrong with harmless fun, or else y have a forum on vgchartz?

darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
@darh

His post was full of BS & contradictions. Just look at it again.

Sony must just hurry up and overtake the 360 then the war is won, then we can talk about what is really important!!1

GAMES, GAMES , GAMES.. i remember when you could buy awesome games and not have a fanboy screaming in your ear, gears pwns resistance, online sucks, graphic rulz, y u buy ps3 games, ps3 dooomed!

Assassins creed is on 360, FF13 on 360 the war is over....that was quick etc....People have such short memories, people wonder why sony fanboys are so vehemently defending their console and are very 'enthusuastic about their console' , but 2006, and 2007 was a tough year for a ps3 fanboy, the abuse and ridicule was savage

So i say Sony Bring it Home, we all know you can do it, Pwn the 360, Make Some Games, and Make Some Noise

Hard to defend something like this.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to bump old threads like that. I recall a GTAIV vs MKWii prediction was locked immediately after someone necro'd it for laughs, so it's not like the mods locked it out of anti-PS3 bias.

kowenicki, just curious...when did you develop a little bias toward the 360?...was it right after Sony´s ridiculous E3 2006?...or actually did it have more to do with the 360 ending up better than you thought it would, regardless of what Sony was doing with the PS3 at the time?