By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

CGI-Quality said:
samus aran rules said:
DS is towering over everything. Doesn´t matter what kind of pricecuts or new redesigns the other platforms get, they will be destroyed by DS, the mighty HANDHELD king.

Anyway Wii and PS3 doing very good at the moment. Not impressed by PSP and 360.

Fixed. The market is different for handheld sales vs consoles sales.

You don´t see PSP beating Wii, PS3 and 360 on a weekly basis do you now?

But yes I agree that the markets for consoles and portables are somewhat different even if I think that they ARE getting more and more competitive with eachother. The portables have really gained ground this generation, not only saleswise but also with systempower and the quality of games being much higher compared to previous generations. In Japan I´d actually say that they do compete with eachother and that DS is this generations clear winner.

Around the Network

Awesome Wii Sales I mean it was only a 50 dollar price cut yet its that much thats crazy but if you think about it i ds is crazy nothing can beat ds unless one of the other consoles became like 10 dollars...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

CGI-Quality said:
samus aran rules said:
CGI-Quality said:
samus aran rules said:
DS is towering over everything. Doesn´t matter what kind of pricecuts or new redesigns the other platforms get, they will be destroyed by DS, the mighty HANDHELD king.

But yes I agree that the markets for consoles and portables are somewhat different even if I think that they ARE getting more and more competitive with eachother. The portables have really gained ground this generation, not only saleswise but also with systempower and the quality of games being much higher compared to previous generations. In Japan I´d actually say that they do compete with eachother and that DS is this generations clear winner.

That's actually irrelevant. Funny thing is though, the PSP DOES beat the consoles in certain weeks, but it doesn't change the fact that the markets aren't the same. Basically, your comparison, in that respect, is useless...

PSP did beat consoles in 2008 for many weeks.....remember its japanese comeback!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

PS3 -- AMAZING, its went UP Week over week, HOW is it doing these amazing sales!

Wii -- GREAT Price Cut response.....I await trestres or someone to tell us what it was YOY

360 -- Very good its over 150K

PSP -- good

DS -- GODLY Sales.....I mean come one, it overshadows everything!

166,452 63,000 175,180 404,632
167,605 32,981 139,296 339,882
84,329 36,663 116,448 237,440
57,663 53,073 100,036 210,772
77,208 3,232 73,273 153,713

Wii is up about 42k units YOY which is about 15%.

For them to meet projections they have to be up an average of 130-140k throughout the end of the fiscal year. It's a tough mountain to climb!

PS3 seems like it's going to hover around 200-250k until November, then it should go up due to the holiday increase.

X360 is being trampled! The one grain of hope they had was Halo ODST and it's sales dropped off a cliff this week. Other than that, everything else is multiplatform isn't it?

^ So another 360 Price cut coming soon?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
mortono said:
darthdevidem01 said:

PS3 -- AMAZING, its went UP Week over week, HOW is it doing these amazing sales!

Wii -- GREAT Price Cut response.....I await trestres or someone to tell us what it was YOY

PSP -- good

For them to meet projections they have to be up an average of 130-140k throughout the end of the fiscal year. It's a tough mountain to climb!

PS3 seems like it's going to hover around 200-250k until November, then it should go up due to the holiday increase.

X360 is being trampled! The one grain of hope they had was Halo ODST and it's sales dropped off a cliff this week. Other than that, everything else is multiplatform isn't it?

The only big games they have are Left 4 Dead 2 and Forza Motorsport 3.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
samus aran rules said:
CGI-Quality said:
samus aran rules said:

The Japan market is mostly handheld driven, but this generation's "clear winner" is the Wii.

Nope, there we have to agree to disagree.

Japan have always have a clear winner each generation with the winning system selling around 18-20 million (PS2 a bit over that).

I love my Wii (it´s my favorite console) and I have cheered it on to becoming this generations clear winner in Japan but it´s just not happening. I see it doing around 15 million in best case (around GBA numbers) but neither the software or the hardwaresales for the console makes it a "winner" over there.

DS is the clear winner with both huge hardware and softwaresales. Your claim that portables and consoles do not compete with eachother may have a case outside Japan (even if I think things are changing here as well). But in Japan it´s very clear that all systems compete on the same market (otherwise this generation will be really pitiful in the land of the rising sun). They fight for consumers and developers and they both have made the jump over. Just look at all the big japanese franchises that traditionally went to consoles and that has made a transition to portables and try to claim otherwise. There is a reason Dragon Quest IX is on the DS and is the biggest selling Dragon Quest game ever. 

huaxiong90 said:
mortono said:
darthdevidem01 said:

PSP -- good

The only big games they have are Left 4 Dead 2 and Forza Motorsport 3.

Jeez! Microsoft is screwed!

Geez my Wii predictions for the week was 210k-240k. I got owned haha. Guess it didn't follow traditional price cut scenarios. Sales doubled haha. PS3 holding nice and tight as is 360 who didn't falter too much after ODST week. DS of course always doing good. Interesting case though is PSP. Sales have a little more than doubled but for a new SKU that may not be a very good thing. But still we need to see how this will hold up for a few weeks to really judge it. Although on a comparison basis the PSP sales aren't that amazing, but the increase is definitely a good one and we may see it hold up quite well. It's possibly we could have another 4 consoles next week sell 200k+.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
^ So another 360 Price cut coming soon?

Well they're already selling it for $200 for the arcade version aren't they? How much more could they cut it?