By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Balance Board Now Used by Homeland Security

I think all those researches are a bit useless because I think it's almost impossible to tell if the nervousness is caused by terrorists or by regular people who might be aviophobics.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

And then there are the people who act physiologically guilty just because they know they are being scrutinised by officials, yet they do not plan on blowing anything up.

I wonder, if you're packing heat on a plane, and there are a few of terrorists who are intent on bringing the plane down and killing everyone on board (including themselves). What use will a gun be? One bullet through the fusilage at 30,000 ft and everyone is toast. Terrorist plan succeeds thanks to the gun toting passengers. Heck all the terrorist needs to do is hold up a bottle of shampoo with wires sticking out attached to a cell phone and the guns would start blazing. And it really would be shampoo in the bottle.

Better for everyone to carry a taser or pepper spray, that way you're unlikely to bring the plane down in your attemt to stop the terrorist.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

FreeTalkLive said:
Not cool, not cool at all. Hopefully, nothing like this every happens. Millions of people have stopped flying to the US because of the crazy TSA ways. Heck, I almost never fly because of it and I live in the US.

People need to be able to carry their guns on planes.

LOL wat!?

Sounds like a load of crap to me. Just like a lie-detector. Nervousness doesn't correlate with guilt in any useful way.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

puffy said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Not cool, not cool at all. Hopefully, nothing like this every happens. Millions of people have stopped flying to the US because of the crazy TSA ways. Heck, I almost never fly because of it and I live in the US.

LOL wat!?

You are not from one of the parts of the US (or the US at all) with decent self-defense laws so it may be hard for you to understand.  I live in the part of the US with the least amount of crime (hardly any) and people walk around with guns almost everywhere (schools, the state house, police stations, bar while they are drinking).  So many people carrying so many guns helps keep the crime down (criminals are more afraid of normal gun owners than police).

Heck, read the comment above your comment, it is of the same point.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

^It's called explosive decompression.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

burgerstein said:
^It's called explosive decompression.

?

You don't think there are rounds that wouldn't cause problems like that?  What does the government give to the air marshalls?  How many planes have the air marshalls blown up?  Some pilots in the US also carry.  How many planes have the pilots destroyed by shooting?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Air Marshalls are also trained on when and when not to whip out their guns. I don't trust the average guy in that situation.

FreeTalkLive said:
puffy said:
FreeTalkLive said:

LOL wat!?

You are not from one of the parts of the US (or the US at all) with decent self-defense laws so it may be hard for you to understand.  I live in the part of the US with the least amount of crime (hardly any) and people walk around with guns almost everywhere (schools, the state house, police stations, bar while they are drinking).  So many people carrying so many guns helps keep the crime down (criminals are more afraid of normal gun owners than police).

Heck, read the comment above your comment, it is of the same point.

Wheres my nuclear weapon ? Everyone should have nuclear weapons then, it will make the world safer.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

dammit. more secuirty shit at US airports.

Hell it is bad enough getting a 5 star risk rating for secuirty check (I got one because the blood airline screwed up their plane so they changed my flight. If you get a ticket within 24hours flying you get a 5star bitch slapping on your ticket).

So at that point onward I had to go through strip searches and bag searches at every bloody airport I went to.

Las Vagas is the worst. you get of a plane, catch a damn train , go down couple floors, get your ticket, then go backup, go through security, get back on a train to the same spot you started with at the airport initially haha.