By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - does anyone come here at all anymore?

supermario128 said:
killeryoshis said:
How do you get here without going to someone's post history

You put an 8 for the forum number.

where in the world do you type in the fourm number?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/board.php?id=8

See that last number? That is the board number for "Section 8". They are 1-10. But 8 is hidden.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

PDF said:

Short: A place with less rules where only members that have been around a bit longer can come.
as you can see its pretty much dead.

Long: hmm. Let me see if I can remember. I am going to mess up a little here forgetting to give a number of people due credit to the formation of the place.

Kenzomatic and a number of other posters like super etecoon figured how to create their own board by replacing the board number. They noticed that the forum number 8 was missing. It goes 1-7 covering website to PC and then off topic is 9.

So they decided to create a secret board. Posting threads in board 8. They called it section 8. At the time the number invited to this secret board was small. I was lucky enough to be invited due to other involvement I had.

Now at 1st the place was kept as a secret but wanting to expand we created a system to decide who could come which i was a part of but before you knew it, the cat was out of the bag the mods and more importantly ioi found out. Naturally he wasn't thrilled people tampering with his site behind his back creating secret societies.

the original section 8 was shut down.

Here are some of its orignal threads before it was closed. They explain a lot.
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24327
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24331

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24330

PART 2:

Not happy with the closing of section 8. Members formed another forum called section 8. Once again it was kept secret. Making sure only those who could be trusted were allowed in. It lasted and thrived for a good amount of time and was a happening place. However we were eventually infiltrated by the mod staff at VGC. (i was a contributor at the time and could kinda view the mod forums and remember seeing them discuss section 8 in curousity)

Section 8 decided to come out publicly and created section 8 sigs. (which was a huge mistake)

ioi not happy with us advertising another website. Created this section 8 to make us happy and to get us to close the other one. We really didnt want to close it and a argument broke out.
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=26394&page=3
I am not completely with my post from back then.

So this section 8 lived on and the other died. Or did it????? muahahahaha

Actually, it wasn't shut down because of just section 8, it was shut down because of section 46, 34, 456, 332345, 69, 15, and other number.  There was an infinite number of boards that people could create and there was no way to moderate that.  That would be fine if we knew people were just going to use all those like section 8 but that really isn't the case since people could post *whatever* they wanted and nobody would every know unless they just happened to stumble on that board.  That creates a *huge* liability for ioi and that's just a bad thing.

So... am I like, meant to be able to see and post in here... because I have

Scoobes said:
So... am I like, meant to be able to see and post in here... because I have

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
So... am I like, meant to be able to see and post in here... because I have <1000 posts!

Yes, you are now...

Nintendo still doomed?

Section what?

d21lewis said:
Section what?

Section 8.

I hope no one else finds the other 3 sections. >_>

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:
d21lewis said:
Section what?

Section 8.

Too bad there are people that not only have acess to those.But to the moderators forum.That is why I stopped trying to belong to any section 8 or whatever.

supermario128 said:
d21lewis said:
Section what?

Section 8.

Ah, you must mean section pi, where the cake is a lie...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...