By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V - Early for a countdown? Xbox360Gamer mag DISAGREES!!

TA V - Too early for a countdown?

Monday, 5 Oct 2009 - 20:01PM

With the success of the first Grand Theft Auto IV episode 'The Lost and Damned', Rockstar games look to carry the success over to the games second and final episode 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'. As it's the last addition to GTA IV (from what we know), should we be starting the countdown to Grand Theft Auto V? Or is it just too early?

In their latest issue, the great 360 Gamer magazine has a cover that mainly features the new GTA IV 'Episodes From Liberty City' and in small text next to the games title the words shown are: "Out with a bang - the countdown to GTAV starts now!", but is it just too early to be thinking about the game? After all, Rockstar Games haven't yet confirmed that the game is in development and with their highly anticipated upcoming titles such as Red Dead Redemption, Agent, Max Payne 3  and L.A. Noire it may be unlikely that we hear anything for a while.

Though it doesn't mean we won't hear anything in the next couple of years, many gamers are expecting a new Grand Theft Auto before 2011. Though some say they want the game to be especially ready for the launch of next generation consoles which are expected around 2011-2012. In GTA V, you can probably expect more of what we've had in recent instalments. Yet with fans of the series wanting a different scene to Liberty City and wanting such places like London, Tokyo, Rio and even South Africa, it is likely that Rockstar will take the series away from Liberty City. It is unlikely however, that we'll see the game based in Rio as Rockstar's upcoming instalment to the Max

http://connectedconsoles.com/ps3-GTA-V---Too-early-for-a-countdown-.cfm

hmmm...do they have some inside info or did they just do that so it would look nice on the front cover?

Either way we are way overdue for a GTA5

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

No way is it coming out any time soon. Mag just wanted something extra to print.

I don't want GTA5 till 2011. There's already too many games in 2010.

Well overdue for a GTA5? are you serious darth .. IV only came out last year.

@seece

yeah atleast an announcement

I mean what was the gap between GTA:VC, SA & 3?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

I'm not entirely sure, GTA5 will be ramping up production now so I expect an announcement May next year.

darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

One year between 3 and VC, two years between VC and SA.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Well the last one was April 2008 so I expect one by Christmas 2010 or by April 2011 at the very latest.

themanwithnoname said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

wow they really hustled getting Vice out after GTA3.

themanwithnoname said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

Thanks, so we are KINDA overdue for the next GTA!