By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Hardware 3/12-3/18

Louie said: Wii is still selling strong, which is a good thing if you look at the games released in recent weeks. Everyone´s argueing about the Wii demand to go down but honestly: This thing is selling PS2-like without any major games releases in the last two months. As soon as Nintendo puts out Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros. and Wii health pack the Wii could get a DS - like momentum. .
sure, but they should move on pretty quickly. i bought the wii and 2 of my friends did too but for the last month, i only play VC titles and my friends' are gathering dust, once zelda was finished not much to do since they're not connected to the net with their wii. We're getting bored and all those crappy titles that are coming out are not an incentive to keep playing. I plan to go and buy the GC titles that i haven't played before...

Around the Network

benoit said: sure, but they should move on pretty quickly. i bought the wii and 2 of my friends did too but for the last month, i only play VC titles and my friends' are gathering dust, once zelda was finished not much to do since they're not connected to the net with their wii. We're getting bored and all those crappy titles that are coming out are not an incentive to keep playing. I plan to go and buy the GC titles that i haven't played before...
do it like me - order the game "the godfather: blackhand edition" for the wii - very nice to play with the wii controller :) or buy fire emblem on game cube - very nice game for good price.

Li Mu Bai said: johnsobas said: I'll let you off on the figures then. You didn't quote your source at first. Still, comparing Eyeshield to Sonic and the Secret Rings? Sorry, but I'm not going to let you off on that. I didn't see anyone predicting Sonic was going to sell 10,000 copies in that Sonic thread... But hey, it isn't a major release, and we only need to judge the Wii on major releases! Yes let's, because both console & handheld Sonics have lost all relevance in JPN & have been insignificant as a large market seller for quite some time. Eyeshield 21 is definitely more popular than Sonic despite the mascot's notoriety in the land of the Rising Sun. Let's judge it not on only major releases, (sarcasm correct?) but less ambitious titles as well. SPM, No More Heroes, Day of Disaster, Fire Emblem:GoD, etc. Sonic only matters as a major sales release in the west, & especially within the UK.
the point of the original post was that wii sales went up by 23k without any kind of software sales driving it. What i'm saying is both weeks had a game released that sold about 10k, so if there was enough supply is should sell the same both weeks. Clearly there is still supply constraints. I know there were people saying sonic was a semi-big release, but I didn't say anything like that. Sonic is a somewhat big deal in america and europe, but not in Japan.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

RolStoppable said: That's a common thing about consoles. The next generation does never become instantly the only console you play your games on. Whenever I bought a new console in the past 13 years I still played more on my old consoles until more and more games were coming out on the new platform. I got my Wii on launch with Zelda and a few other games. Once I had beaten them I switched to the virtual console and back to gamecube/DS games. Whenever I get a new game for Wii the time I spend playing videogames shifts more towards the Wii. I think at the end of this year Wii will become my primary console. Sonic is a good addition, Super Paper Mario should be released in Europe in May/June (at least I hope so). My Wii library will be growing and so will the time I will playing my Wii. Just guess how many 360 owners were primarly playing Halo 2 on their next generation system.
Nah they all moved to Gears of Wars and Viva Pinata

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

RolStoppable said: Super Paper Mario should be released in Europe in May/June (at least I hope so)..
it is definitely my next game. i pray that it will come out soon.

Around the Network

HappySqurriel said: hanafuda said: I guess you have to ask yourself this question then: How come practically none of the 2 million Wii owners in Japan are buying any Wii games? Here are the sales of games in Japan last week: DS: 704,000 Wii: 123,500 PS2: 83,500 PSP: 69,750 PS3: 29,500 XBox 360: 3,000 GBA: 1,250
One answer: Wii Sports & TP (to a lesser extent) & uncompelling 3rd party Japanese support thus far? And as for the Wii/DS domination, here's the heavy hitters in April & June imo. April:WII SPM Big Brain Academy One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (perhaps not a heavy hitter, but damn it looks & the gameplay sound good) June Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (extremely important title because when this title performs well, expect much more SE support outside of FF:CC Wii) (other titles not worth mentioning) April:DS (just listing April for the DS) Phoenix Wright: Justice for All Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

"The things we touch have no permanence."

RolStoppable said: Of course they moved to Gears of War. I said in my statement "how many 360 owners WERE", not are. Because they moved to Gears of War, Halo 2 wasn't anymore the most played game on Live. My prediction is that Gears of War is/was more of a system seller (meaning it actually moves systmes) for the 360 as Halo 3 will be.
My friend, you are VERY wrong. Halo 2 launched and sold nearly Halo 1's entire US sales in a month. Not only this, it boosted the Xbox to its highest November and December - In November, it sold 800,000 units - one of the highest ever for November for any console, and about double what most other Xbox Novembers had. Heck, it beat out the PS2 that month! Believe me when I say Halo 3 will boost 360 sales to that level or even higher (due to GTA as well). I am NOT a Halo fanboy...I hate the game. Regardless, it will move units, as I don't believe that the 360 has only catered to the Xbox crowd, and I am sure that once H3 launches, there will be tons of new converts in the US.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Its curious ,when it was Sony who dominated the market many people were talking and talking about how the monopoly is bad ,about how it would be better to have many successful consoles ,how it was oppresing for the industry to have such a thing as a clear leader ,how unsuportable was the situation ,how the casuals were driving the industry and were sorry about that . Now that it is Nintendo controlling more than Sony in its best times and with a cheapo console specifically built for casual gamers everybody here seems very happy . The song of the fanboy ,thats what this thread is .Hypocresy would be another name .

Diomedes1976 said: Its curious ,when it was Sony who dominated the market many people were talking and talking about how the monopoly is bad ,about how it would be better to have many successful consoles ,how it was oppresing for the industry to have such a thing as a clear leader ,how unsuportable was the situation ,how the casuals were driving the industry and were sorry about that . Now that it is Nintendo controlling more than Sony in its best times and with a cheapo console specifically built for casual gamers everybody here seems very happy . The song of the fanboy ,thats what this thread is .Hypocresy would be another name .
And only a Sony fanboy would make such a silly statements. Majority does not equal monopoly. How are you even equating Nintendo's current success with a monopoly? Especially give the X360 is still leading world wide. Let's not forget you are making one incredibly huge blanket statement as if your accusation were the thought process of all Nintendo gamers.