By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TV characters playing videogames never seem to look or sound right.

How about in old movies from the 70's and 80's where somebody can just start typing away at a keyboard and the computer does magical things. For instance, Gilbert trying to impress Judy in Revenge of the Nerds or Rusty making Pac Man chase the car while Clark checks the trip planner in the original Vacation movie.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
krimoz911 said:
in an episode of MONK they had snoop dog holding xbox360 controller and playing a game that was nothing more than 2 badly drawn illustrations switching back and forth, it looked hilariously bad.

That's how 360 games actually look. PS3 FTW!

badgenome said:
krimoz911 said:
in an episode of MONK they had snoop dog holding xbox360 controller and playing a game that was nothing more than 2 badly drawn illustrations switching back and forth, it looked hilariously bad.

That's how 360 games actually look. PS3 FTW!

Pfft, it was obviously Snoop Dogg stoner-vision.

Btw, House digs the PSP.

My first was an episode of Roseanne where her son wanted the new fangled Super Nintendo. She was playing the title screen, saying "I'm about to become queen of the monkey people!"

That's why Tom Arnold left her.

I notice this all the time haha, like "What are they playing?"

Around the Network

it is rather annoying. They smash every buttons on the controller ...looks unrealistic. but in Disturbia, i think shia was really playing halo 3 with his buddy.

Cougarman said:
in Charlie's angels the movie, some kids are playing final fantasy 7 as a multi player game

FF8 :D

Feylic said:
Cougarman said:
in Charlie's angels the movie, some kids are playing final fantasy 7 as a multi player game

FF8 :D

i only watched the movie once and it was about 9 years ago, at least i got the name right.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434