By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

heruamon said:
JaggedSac said:
So people are saying that ODST did sell consoles? $60 was too much for the game alone, but now people are willing to buy a whole console for it? Make up your minds interwebz.

As for the $50 rebate, I don't think it was heavily advertised. I didn't see it anywhere other than on MS's site.

I thought the rebate started this week, not last week, and it's to clear out inventory, imho.

The rebate started on the 22nd Sep, and you would only accelerate the clearance of inventory if you were trying to replace that inventory with a new product. There is no evidence of that new product, unless they plan to cut the price of the MW2 bundle down to $299, in which case, unlucky for people who bought the MW2 bundle before the price cut.

I think MS is doing a simple test of how the Elite would sell at the $249 price bracket.  Hence the short duration of the program.

Around the Network

People expecting a sales hitch with the Wii price cut will be dissapointed. The machine is losing steam and price factor will not do much to restore it. I would expect a MODEST increase in sales for Wii next week.

Edit: So ODST did move some hardware contrary to what many were thinking

c0rd said:
darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Keep_the_change said:
Wii back on top next week were it deserves.

And PS3 shall stabilize around ~200K.

360 selling about the same it has been selling.

were it deserves?

he thins wii is the best gaming device......why the "?"

besides the DS which is the best gaming platform ever is completely on top, so I am satisfied!

I think he was joking about the guy's typo ("were" instead of "where").

Probably, but he lost the opportunity of commenting with something like "Were wii, there castle".   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

great sony ps3 number, xbox 360 also have solid number, now the differences are only 70K unit, next week, i predict PS3 number will be decreasing, and xbox 360 number will increasing a little bit

Isn't the September NPD a 5-week run, though? It should end up better incorporating the Wii's drop.

I don't think we'll see as much of an immediate knee-jerk boost, but Wii will stabilize higher, going into what should be an epic holiday season for 'em.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
dejelek said:
great sony ps3 number, xbox 360 also have solid number, now the differences are only 70K unit, next week, i predict PS3 number will be decreasing, and xbox 360 number will increasing a little bit

why is the 360 gonna increase? if anything the ps3 is gonna increase cause of fifa and its new price point.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
dejelek said:

why is the 360 gonna increase? if anything the ps3 is gonna increase cause of fifa and its new price point.

^^This. I am not saying it's a certainty but i'ts unlikely.

The x360 just had it's biggest exlusive release of the year and was 70K in deficit to PS3.

What gives x360 an advantage next week?

justinian said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
dejelek said:

The x360 just had it's biggest exlusive release of the year and was 70K in deficit to PS3.

I agree.  If anything i'd expect the 360 to dip a little next week.  PS3 should dip a little too unless there are any strong titles releasing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
justinian said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
dejelek said:

I agree.  If anything i'd expect the 360 to dip a little next week.  PS3 should dip a little too unless there are any strong titles releasing.

Uncharted 2 is 2 weeks away, followed by Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, so I expect a surge by then.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

^^
This week there is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 WW launch and FIFA and Up! in EU.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!