By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Me ♥ Dead Space Extraction

So I got an early review copy of DS: Extraction for my Wii ... and I'm almost finished with it. I love this game!

The main thing is - I wish it was set to recognize the Wii Zapper instead of doing it manually.

Review will be online Thursday.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
We already know that it is a good game, although it seems like they didn't really playtest the challenge mode (some issues with the AI and collision detection).

I'm doing that tonight, actually. I haven't really played a shooter on the Wii since RE and Ghost Squad. This, however, is definitely holding my attention.

Hope it sells good. It's a well-made game and has so earned my respect. And I definitely recommend using the Zapper instead of the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

RolStoppable said:
madskillz said:
RolStoppable said:
We already know that it is a good game, although it seems like they didn't really playtest the challenge mode (some issues with the AI and collision detection).

I'm doing that tonight, actually. I haven't really played a shooter on the Wii since RE and Ghost Squad. This, however, is definitely holding my attention.

Hope it sells good. It's a well-made game and has so earned my respect. And I definitely recommend using the Zapper instead of the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

I am not expecting much from DSE when it comes to sales. I think it's unlikely that it will surpass 400k in its lifetime.

The original DS was outsold with a factor of 3:1 by Resident Evil 5, so chances are that DSE sells at best about one third of what RE:Umbrella Chronicles did. Also, the upcoming Darkside Chronicles is definitely not going to help Extraction's legs.

That's really sad, Rol. I think EA built this game from the ground up with the Wii in mind, not just a port. I really enjoyed the story and think it would sell as an HD version (granted, I haven't played Dead Space on the 360 or PS3 either).

Here's to hoping you are WRONG

I played through the first 2 chapters last night and so far I'm very impressed. Very atmospheric and has a very balanced difficulty to it. Lot of light gun shooters are too extreme in their difficulties (either too hard or to easy). But yea so far I'm quite impressed. Control is perfect, graphics are quite good for a Wii game, and the atmosphere is great for the game.

RolStoppable said:

Well yes, EA built this game from the ground up with the Wii in mind. But they made a big mistake with the direction they took. Instead of making Extraction a TPS like the original game which would have had only RE4 to go up against (i.e. nothing, because that game is already two years old), they went into a niche that is already getting saturated on the Wii.

Seriously, how many rail shooters does a gamer need? It's probable that many gamers will hold out until Darkside Chronicles releases, check out reviews and opinions from fellow gamers and then decide which one of the two games they will get. From the looks of it, Capcom is really putting effort into their RE spinoff this time (which has also way more brand recognition going for it) and if it has anywhere near as much content as the first game, DSE will have a hard time selling.

ALL OF THEM.

I still need to find Ghost Squad cheap.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

Just bought it from my EB games. I got the last copy in the store. That could be either a good sign or a bad sign depending on how many copies were received.

Going to play now

One thing I give EA is that their internet advertising for the game is pretty good.Haven't seen a major gaming site without ad for this game.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Best 'rails' shooter yet, by a good margin.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Is the game longer than 4 hours

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

RolStoppable said:

Well yes, EA built this game from the ground up with the Wii in mind. But they made a big mistake with the direction they took. Instead of making Extraction a TPS like the original game which would have had only RE4 to go up against (i.e. nothing, because that game is already two years old), they went into a niche that is already getting saturated on the Wii.

Seriously, how many rail shooters does a gamer need? It's probable that many gamers will hold out until Darkside Chronicles releases, check out reviews and opinions from fellow gamers and then decide which one of the two games they will get. From the looks of it, Capcom is really putting effort into their RE spinoff this time (which has also way more brand recognition going for it) and if it has anywhere near as much content as the first game, DSE will have a hard time selling.

Get out of my mind!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.