By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you 360 beats PS3 in hardware sales?

Spinoff from the PS3 version here: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=72209

Too me it's pretty important. Sony obviously put together a console that runs most third party games at a much lower quality than Xbox 360. A recent example is Bayonetta, which Kotaku reported runs much worse on PS3. Other examples are Ghostbusters and GTA4, both of which run in 720P on 360 but run at a lower res on PS3.

Also, Sony basically built the PS3 to make gamers pay for an illegall Blu Ray monopoly imo. We all know Blu Ray was the inferior format and could not have beat HDDVD without some "help" so to speak in the form of a few million PS3's. So the Ps3 was priced at $600 so gamers could pay for Sony's video domination, which of course later failed anyway when Blu Ray failed to catch on.

So post your thoughts as well.

Around the Network

HD-DVD was the better transitional format and my wallet will miss it that's for sure... that extra 5 bucks a movie is really going to add up. For me it's not so much important because it's my preferred system it's more that I want a more balanced system wars. The last two have been to one sided and I was really glad going into this one, but saddened by the massive giant the Wii was becoming... hopefully there will be a more balanced look coming these next two years

Not important as long as the 360 continues to get the better games (which in a opinion of course, the 360 does).

It's just that simple.

Well there are a few 3rd party games that the PS3 has lower quality but nothing too critical.

And if Sony made us pay for illegall Blu Ray monopoly, then they mustve made us pay for DVDs too since they were the first console to integrate DVDs. ...dam DVDs ruined my VHS collection!

I dont recall Blu-ray being the more inferior format either so can you please provide a link or source.

OT: To me its not important whether PS3 or Xbox360 wins, its just all about the games and enjoyment the console I have provides me.

You are so uninformed, Sony isnt even the major backer of Blu-ray, that distinction does to Panasonic. So to say that Sony put it in for an illegal Blu-ray monopoly shows ignorance. And as for being the inferior format, what proof do you have? How exactly is it inferior?

As for your mulitplat arguement, why do games like COD4 and Batman: AA look identical to each other? Maybe the PS3 is a more capable machine then you are giving it credit for. Just look at its exclusives games.

People like you make me sick.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
You are so uninformed, Sony isnt even the major backer of Blu-ray, that distinction does to Panasonic. So to say that Sony put it in for an illegal Blu-ray monopoly shows ignorance. And as for being the inferior format, what proof do you have? How exactly is it inferior?

As for your mulitplat arguement, why do games like COD4 and Batman: AA look identical to each other? Maybe the PS3 is a more capable machine then you are giving it credit for. Just look at its exclusives games.

can i second this?

I cut my self every night knowing the PS3 has out sold the 360!

not really but this is just stupid,i dont care if PS3 or Wii beat 360 in sales,as long as i got my games to play im good.

i dont care at all who wins

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

V-r0cK said:
Vetteman94 said:

can i second this?

only if I can quadripple this.. :D

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Doesn't matter a lick to me, why should it matter? The 360 has sold enough units that third parties HAVE to put games out for it. MS is now a player in the game, and will continue to get support. I think it's a MUCH bigger deal to Playstation fans that the PS3 wins. Sony had DOMINATED for, what, 10 years prior to 2005 and the 360. I think it's just too hard to take that Sony could be in last place right now. So, for the good of my fellow gamers, maybe it would be better if the PS3 gets to 2nd place, so we don't have millions of fellas stroking out because "their" console is losing.