By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi or DSLite? I've made my choice...

I've had an original phat DS for awhile now, but wanted to upgrade to a Lite or i, well now its a done deal thanks to the sound part of the DSi, that is some solid stuff right there.

I also wanted to upgrade my PSP 2000 to a 3000 or PSPGo, ....but with that case i think the choice is quite obvious...

Around the Network

I'm really worried about what Nintendo is planning to do with the DSi. It's more then just a new model of the same device (like the PS3 Slim and DS Lite) it also has extra power and functionalities under (And on) the hood. So how long before they start release DSi exclusive games? That would mean I would have to upgrade to a device that isn't a full fledged follow up to the DS. I only got my DS Lite for pokemon (which was s***) and for a possible GoldenSun sequel. So as long as that is out on DS Lite then I'm happy but I'm sure other gamers will get screwed over by this.

Grey21 said:
I'm really worried about what Nintendo is planning to do with the DSi. It's more then just a new model of the same device (like the PS3 Slim and DS Lite) it also has extra power and functionalities under (And on) the hood. So how long before they start release DSi exclusive games? That would mean I would have to upgrade to a device that isn't a full fledged follow up to the DS. I only got my DS Lite for pokemon (which was s***) and for a possible GoldenSun sequel. So as long as that is out on DS Lite then I'm happy but I'm sure other gamers will get screwed over by this.

I agree. I haven't bought a DS yet but i want a DSLite for the GBA port and it's cheaper.

DSi is an excellent choice

For people who has DSL they should stay with it, but for new owners and people with DS Fat they should buy DSi, even if I don't think there'll be great exclusives just for it outside of Japan (Pokemon, no-DSiware's Mario...).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

dsi screen is much bigger than lite's

I am finally going to make the upgrade from my dsl to a dsi this holiday. I don't play GB games, my internet provider does not support WEP, and i can't wait to fiddle around with flipnote studio. So thats my mind made up. But to each his own i guess.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Jeez. If you really wanna play GBA games, you prolly have a GBA =/

I love my DSi & GBA Micro

tehsage said:
Jeez. If you really wanna play GBA games, you prolly have a GBA =/

I love my DSi & GBA Micro <3

Heck yeah, GB Micro is the cutest and sexiest handheld ever created in the history of the world! :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I thought you were dying. Why does it matter what model DS you get if you have a stroke, you'll only be able to see one side of it anyways.

OT: It's a good choice. I need the BC, but it you like the extra addtions to functionality, good call!