By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just Got The Beatles: Rock Band - Impressions

The game is absolutely fantastic. I bought the Special Value Edition (guitar, drums, mic), and I'm quite satisfied. Here are my impressions.

1. This game makes the Beatles fanboy in me go overdrive and practically go to fangirl levels. Never before have I seen a branded game that pays such homage to what it's based on. This game is a delight for Beatles fans.

2. How the **** do you play drums? Pardon my censored language, but I can't play Drums past Easy (and even then I have trouble). Pressing the pedal and hitting the pad and then hitting a different pad a split second later isn't easy, and that's only on Medium.

3. The guitar is really uncomfortable to play with. Maybe it's because I was sitting down, or I was playing it the wrong way, but it made my arm cramp after a while. Likewise, the drum pedal can occasionally make my foot cramp.

4. As great as the game is, I'm finding it difficult to keep a steady beat for more than a couple minutes. I often end up losing my streaks later on in long songs.

5. Singing is easier than the guitar and drums, and it's fun as well. However, I didn't feel great singing "Boys" in front of my snickering friends, and some of the vocals seem random.

Now, that may just seem like a list of complaints, but I do really like the game. Maybe some music game veterans can help me out here (this is my first music game by the way).

Around the Network

@ 4.: Heh that happens to me frequently in other music games.

Reading your post i´m almost sure i have to buy this game.

Don't worry, you'll get used to the gameplay mechanics of Guitar Hero/Rock Band games after a while. All it takes is practice and time!

Personally, I thought it was the easiest band game out there. For the first time, I can finally play the drums on Expert. I'm sure that after playing this game on Expert, I'll be able to play all the other games no problem because drum patterns pretty much look the same in every song to be honest. Playing the drums is the most satisfying feeling ever, well, for me at least!

One thing I hate about the game is that you'll sometimes miss notes because of all the shit going on in the background (especially once you get the Abbey Road chapters).

Anyways, I was already a big fan of The Beatles, and yeah, now I put every song in my MP3 finally. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is just so epic.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

2 it took me a while to get good at drums in world tour so if you keep practing you will get a hang of it

3 when i first played GH 3 it felt uncomfortable i also got cramp again with number to it will go away

4 i dont know

5 i cant sing

Around the Network

"I am the Walrus, Goo Goo G'joob!"

I absolutely loved playing that song. Everything going on in the background is amazing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It'll be my first music game too. ^_^

Are those special instruments that come with it worth it? I was thinking of buying normal RockBand 2 with instruments and then a copy of this game.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

^ LOL no, they are definitely not worth it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

i think a lot of people have those problems when fisrt starting playing music games, so i´m sure you will overcome them in no time, and yes, it is a fantastic game, and as a beatles fan i can say that i´m very pleased with how it turned out.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

even as a real fan of the band, i can tell you those instruments are overpriced, yes, they are pretty and are somewhat of a collectors item, but what you get for that much more money is not worth it.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688