By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy XIII trailer is out!!!!

leo-j said:
what a freaking pedohile

i didn't post yet <_<

ot: man that trailer was epic! i'm even more hyped for this game. it should be the best in the series. it has love! XD

Around the Network

The game's graphics are above and beyond most of what is currently available on consoles, that alone is very impressive.

I was pretty satisfied with the trailer. I thought the graphics could be a little better. The music really nice though, even if it was JPop. Hopefully, the game will mostly have orchestrated music.

This is the true definition of owning.

Ultibankai said:
sc94597 said:
Ultibankai said:
sc94597 said:
Acevil said:

Three facts or two if you disagree with me being a buzzkill, I know I am a buzzkill, but this is kinda already posted and secondly this belongs in general gaming since it is also coming out to the 360 (yes I know you can use the loophole that this is the Japanese version and that is ps3 only)

Also I still hate Afro Guy, but besides that I am finally hyped.

Me too, he just seems so out of place. Same thing with Hope(silver haired kid).

Out of place?  You guys do know this is a fantasy world, right?  What "Place" are you talking about? 

I'm assuming english isn't your first language? Out of place doesn't refer to a specific place, but a setting. They seem like additional characters that were added for the hell of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the game wouldn't change much without them from what I see right now.

First of all, what is with that condescending tone?  Secondly, what is the definition of setting?  I'm sure you'll find that "Place" is apart of it.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, in no way do I see them as being additional characters just for "the hell of it."  Especially after the latest trailer, where Sazh and Hope were getting solo play time and major story sequences seemed to surround them.  Going from your statement, I take it you jumped the gun?

My tone is far from condescending, I assumed most people know that "out of place" doesn't literally refer to a specific place, if English is their first language. If it isn't, then my question is valid. It is one of the most common phrases used in the language. As for the definition of seting, place is a part of it, yet the setting isn't limited to a specific place. You can have a setting without having a specific place. It could mean time, history, current events, many things.

I stick to my opinion. They have very little relevance to the main storyline. Sazh is trying to save his son(let me note how cliched this is) and it may provide a seperate good segement of gameplay, but I find very little connection to the main story. Hope's backstory is an attachment to Snow because of his mother's death and a grudge toward Snow for indirectly causing it(Yeah  another cliche)? At least they stopped making the same cliches over again. Then he also has the stereotypical childish, angst teen personality. I could do without them to be honest. The rest of the characters I'm ok with though. As for your comment on this trailer. It is because of this trailer that I think of them as out of setting. Everybody else seems to be connected in their little circle, while these two are just running along because of some very cliched attachments to these main characters, or some yet to be seen relevant one. 

Already posted.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
rccsetzer said:

I think graphically speaking, FFXIII only loses to MGS4 AND KZ2. For me, the latter wins for trying to draw character models very close to reality. FFXIII is more anime style, but superbly done nonetheless. Hype is on extreme mode!!

Fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4beDqWzj5k

Now on Youtube if Anyone is having trouble loading the video.Anyways we just sit and wait till' someone translate the video for us.

sc94597 said:
Ultibankai said:
sc94597 said:
Ultibankai said:
sc94597 said:
Acevil said:

Three facts or two if you disagree with me being a buzzkill, I know I am a buzzkill, but this is kinda already posted and secondly this belongs in general gaming since it is also coming out to the 360 (yes I know you can use the loophole that this is the Japanese version and that is ps3 only)

Also I still hate Afro Guy, but besides that I am finally hyped.

Me too, he just seems so out of place. Same thing with Hope(silver haired kid).

Out of place?  You guys do know this is a fantasy world, right?  What "Place" are you talking about? 

I'm assuming english isn't your first language? Out of place doesn't refer to a specific place, but a setting. They seem like additional characters that were added for the hell of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the game wouldn't change much without them from what I see right now.

First of all, what is with that condescending tone?  Secondly, what is the definition of setting?  I'm sure you'll find that "Place" is apart of it.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, in no way do I see them as being additional characters just for "the hell of it."  Especially after the latest trailer, where Sazh and Hope were getting solo play time and major story sequences seemed to surround them.  Going from your statement, I take it you jumped the gun?

My tone is far from condescending, I assumed most people know that "out of place" doesn't literally refer to a specific place, if English is their first language. If it isn't, then my question is valid. It is one of the most common phrases used in the language. As for the definition of seting, place is a part of it, yet the setting isn't limited to a specific place. You can have a setting without having a specific place. It could mean time, history, current events, many things.

I stick to my opinion. They have very little relevance to the main storyline. Sazh is trying to save his son(let me note how cliched this is) and it may provide a seperate good segement of gameplay, but I find very little connection to the main story. Hope's backstory is an attachment to Snow because of his mother's death and a grudge toward Snow for indirectly causing it(Yeah  another cliche)? At least they stopped making the same cliches over again. Then he also has the stereotypical childish, angst teen personality. I could do without them to be honest. The rest of the characters I'm ok with though. As for your comment on this trailer. It is because of this trailer that I think of them as out of setting. Everybody else seems to be connected in their little circle, while these two are just running along because of some very cliched attachments to these main characters, or some yet to be seen relevant one. 

I understood what you meant by "Place" the first time it was mentioned.  My question wasn't using Place as a specific location, read my question again.  I was simply using it the same way you used it, and I just wanted an elaboration on the subject.  Understand? 

Moving on, it seems you missed the little bit where Sazh was pointing a gun towards Vanille.  I can only assume she may have had something to do with what befell Sazh's son.  Does that make him more relevant to the story?  I also don't see how you can come to conclusions that they have little relevance to the story from nothing but trailers.  How about saving those sentiments 'till after you have acquired the game? 

I do sympathize with what you are trying to say though, because it also happened to me with FFX and Khimari. 

My god, why does a black man always have a gun? What does it take for a brother to pick up a sword like the others. I was just waiting for my homie to summon some fried chicken with a watermelon helmet.

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

very nice