By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Backlogs - Do they prove that Gaming has matured as an art form?

I feel the same way about houehold chores and projects. I have a backlog of things to do and continually eat away at them. Each time I accomplish something, like rearranging the garage or cleaning the gutters, it's like a weight being lifted off my shoulder. Same as how this has made gaming mature as an art form, it has done the same for household chores.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I have backlogs simply because i tend to be an impulse buyer at gamestop :( curse those buy one get one free deals

I feel the same. I seldom finish any games. The games in my backlog Ive played on average 1/3 of each game. It's very frustrating because I want to have had the complete experience.

Fable II, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider Underworld, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Clear Sky, Halo 3, Bully, Far Cry 3, GTA 4, Wolfenstein, Dead Space, Call of Duty WaW, Prince of persia, Dead Risin, Kameo etc. I havent finished any of them. :/

Onyxmeth said:

I feel the same way about houehold chores and projects. I have a backlog of things to do and continually eat away at them. Each time I accomplish something, like rearranging the garage or cleaning the gutters, it's like a weight being lifted off my shoulder. Same as how this has made gaming mature as an art form, it has done the same for household chores.

I think your analogy is specious... but funny!

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

While I've gotten better about beating games that I've bought, I still have a terribly long backlog of games I bought from Nintendo's virtual console.

My problem is that I've ignored a lot of multiplayer modes because I'm playing a new single-player game instead.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

I have less time than I used to, So my attitude to games has naturally changed. Before it was something to pass time, Now I'll only buy games if I really like them unfortunately I like too many games and have as a consequence gotten a rather large backlog.