By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - When will pc graphics start to really outpace console (this gen) graphics?

shio said:
elticker said:
tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

Once again your credibility goes down the toilet shio.

Say that to the millions of MMORPG players that each lost thousands of hours in just 1 game. In pure design, MMORPGs are the closest to "harcore", because in order to compete with the best you are forced to lose hundreds of hours just to get in a position where such thing is possible, regardless of the skill. You have a need to band with a guild or other groups of dozens and, with a strategy already in hand, to coordinate with them in order to achieve the objectives.

Halo 3? Just shoot the bastards. Great strategy there!! And skill?! You're playing with a damn gamepad?! Just let the auto-aim do the work, there's no need to aim it yourself.

I ask to everyone: Why run with 1 leg behind my back, when I can just run with both legs?

There is no auto-aim in Halo 3 so I'm assuming you've never played the game. If there is auto-aim then my copy of Halo must be missing it since I've not once noticed a auto lock on a target unlike COD.

yeah me too my halo 3 copy doesn't have auto aim. hey shio play the game before saying it has auto aim.also i didn't really notice the more fun when comparing HD DVD to standard DVD so i should be fine playing my watered down graphics game which i will enjoy more than spending alot more money for better graphics.

You guys don't even know there's auto-aim?! That's sad.

Halo 3 does have an assist maybe you are just really used to the game or something but auto aim is on. But if you are enjoying the game who cares really?

and why does no one ever post in-game gameplay pics of crysis? I really dont get it.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I believe it may have been Ubisoft that said the next generation of games could cost over $60 million USD. There are only a few developers on PC with that kind of money to spend on development and they seem happy with graphics that don't even push medium range PCs.

They have just posted a loss... increasing the budgets even more is pure madness.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PC games won't ever 'really outpace' console games this gen.

That's the unfornutate truth.

Serious_frusting said:
shio said:
elticker said:
tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

Say that to the millions of MMORPG players that each lost thousands of hours in just 1 game. In pure design, MMORPGs are the closest to "harcore", because in order to compete with the best you are forced to lose hundreds of hours just to get in a position where such thing is possible, regardless of the skill. You have a need to band with a guild or other groups of dozens and, with a strategy already in hand, to coordinate with them in order to achieve the objectives.

Halo 3? Just shoot the bastards. Great strategy there!! And skill?! You're playing with a damn gamepad?! Just let the auto-aim do the work, there's no need to aim it yourself.

I ask to everyone: Why run with 1 leg behind my back, when I can just run with both legs?

There is no auto-aim in Halo 3 so I'm assuming you've never played the game. If there is auto-aim then my copy of Halo must be missing it since I've not once noticed a auto lock on a target unlike COD.

yeah me too my halo 3 copy doesn't have auto aim. hey shio play the game before saying it has auto aim.also i didn't really notice the more fun when comparing HD DVD to standard DVD so i should be fine playing my watered down graphics game which i will enjoy more than spending alot more money for better graphics.

Halo 3 does have an assist maybe you are just really used to the game or something but auto aim is on. But if you are enjoying the game who cares really?

and why does no one ever post in-game gameplay pics of crysis? I really dont get it.

the point is to have fun but really whats strange is I used to be a pc gamer played CS, Command and conquer, swat 4 and when i started playing console games i didn't feel that there was auto aim so that may mean one of two things

1. CS has auto aim which is very unlickely since i thik auto aim won't work with CS

2. auto aim in halo is weak and the bullet bends to 1-9 degrees which means very weak auto aim. shooting a bullet at the head and it missing by 1 or 2 degrees but counted as a hit because its very near the head can't be considered auto aim. auto aim is what you can do in GTA where you just press a button which looks on a target and then shoot.

Edit: most important thing is fun which is achieved when playing halo and also halo is harder than counter strike for me. couner strike is much easier than cs. i remember when i startede to play halo aiming was very hard compared to counter strike.

shio said:
craighopkins said:

pc gaming is dead

except for MMOs

then why is PC gaming growing, while consoles are declining in 2009?

He probably means the type of gaming that is really being discussed in this thread.  Sure PC gaming is growing but how much of that due to the millions of people into web based gaming?  If the reason was cutting edge games we probably wouldn't see companies like Crytek, id, Epic, etc continually devoting more resources to consoles.  I like PC gaming so I hope it continues to grow but I think people expecting the true next generation of games to be PC exclusives or not heavily influenced by consoles are kidding themselves.

Around the Network
elticker said:
Serious_frusting said:
shio said:
elticker said:
tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

the point is to have fun but really whats strange is I used to be a pc gamer played CS, Command and conquer, swat 4 and when i started playing console games i didn't feel that there was auto aim so that may mean one of two things

1. CS has auto aim which is very unlickely since i thik auto aim won't work with CS

2. auto aim in halo is weak and the bullet bends to 1-9 degrees which means very weak auto aim. shooting a bullet at the head and it missing by 1 or 2 degrees but counted as a hit because its very near the head can't be considered auto aim. auto aim is what you can do in GTA where you just press a button which looks on a target and then shoot.

Edit: most important thing is fun which is achieved when playing halo and also halo is harder than counter strike for me. couner strike is much easier than cs. i remember when i startede to play halo aiming was very hard compared to counter strike.

the last point is because of the shitty control scheme. Analog sticks are horrible for FPS.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835