By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN editor: No worthwhile Wii games have released since 2007.

Those are pretty much mine and many others thoughts on the system. Everyone has loved Nintendo at some point and it's disappointing to see the direction they took.

Around the Network

Is it just me ... or is there a trend of IGN editors ranting about (ragging on) the Wii?

Of course, this type of opinion plays well with the typical IGN reader -- because they are much more interested in the PS3 and Xbox 360.

If you look at the photo of the editor, he is the typical gamer who feels abandoned by Nintendo's approach to attract a broad audience. With the earring and the backward baseball cap, my guess he is between the ages of 18 and 35. It is this group to which everyone has always catered. But it is this group that Nintendo has decided will be treated like every other group -- so they are not getting the special treatment to which they are accustomed.

Oh well. I disagree with the blog. Not the first time I disagreed with something that I read on the Internet.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The direction Nintendo too was to stop making games escalate in terms of budget, just to please a bunch of demanding whiners who go apeshit when they see there too few polygons (even though they don't know the actual polygon count of any game unless someone reports it).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well on the PS3 and 360 you have UC2, DS, AC2, ODST, MW2, Dragon Age Origins, Forza 3, Batman AA, Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Tekken 6, Ninja Gaiden 2, OF: Dragon rising, FFXIII, R&C ACT, and more if you count releases early this year (Killzone 2, Infamous, Halo Wars, ect). Thats what 10 multi platform releases and 5 exclusive titles ( 2 360, 3 PS3 ) between this month and december.

Thats 3 shooters ( 4 if you count UC2) in a total of 15 games that have a solid track record of being quality titles or being made by quality developers. None of these games are coming to the Wii. Regardless if you own a 360 or PS3 , not only will you have quality but your have variety as well and in IMO thats something the Wii can't offer at a consistent bases or this holiday season and thats why I agree with him.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Ignoring the games recently released or to the Wii in the next few months is ignorant agreement.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Oh goody. Now this thread will be going places.

Why is it always the weekends where this kind of "news" pops up? I guess it has to do with every major VG media outlet taking the weekend off, and so the little guys have to do something to keep up the hits.

They're doing a heck of a job.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Ignoring the games recently released or to the Wii in the next few months is ignorant agreement.

Why is that? The Wii's lineup IMO is weak coming into the holidays compared to the 360 and PS3. Nintendo's lucky Bioshock 2, Alpha Protocol, Red Dead Redemption, and many others got delayed because those games, L4D2 ( which I forgot, sorry 360/PC owners) and the others I mentioned combined would have made the Wii lineup look even weaker.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

big_boss said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Why is that? The Wii's lineup IMO is weak coming into the holidays compared to the 360 and PS3. Nintendo's lucky Bioshock 2, Alpha Protocol, Red Dead Redemption, and many others got delayed because those games, L4D2 ( which I forgot, sorry 360/PC owners) and the others I mentioned combined would have made the Wii lineup look even weaker.

You do realize that other than Modern Warfare 2, New SMB Wii will blow just about every other holiday game out the water in sales.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

big_boss said:

Nintendo Lucky? Man, the companies behind those games are the benefits of the delays. Remember how rushed last year was? Some games like Mirror's Edge, Far Cry 2 and Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise were literally crushed under a pile of other games. Even more I don't see how the wii-only audience is going to care about that lineup.

Multi-plataform users on the other side can be more interested in one or other, but it'd be better to look at both sides. I own a PS3 and I've games from both linups in my holiday lists (already preorder Demon's Soul with A Boy and his Blob)