By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 DAMAGE on ALL CARS confirmed by IGN

damage is not important, it doesn't add to realism... oh wait!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I found this video of GT5p a few minutes ago, I always wanted to show how real life the details of the cars were on GT5p, even on gameplay, to dispel the myth that GT5p was all jaggie-fest and that the pictures show we're all CGI, etc, etc.

Sorry for being a little OoT (no, not Ocarina of Time :P), but this has to be shown xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well, I guess this justifies it's 2010 release.

at least there is DAMAGE although insignificant.....
its better than just bouncing off walls and cars.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Damage.

Around the Network

Forza Motorsport 3 having the holidays to itself is a little tough for GT5, but I'm fairly certain GT5 will still sell better. If somehow things don't go too well, then Sony have nobody to blame but themselves. Either way, I have faith in PD.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

they should delay it till all car have real time physics damage. If i crash a car in to a wall at 90mph's i want to see that car get smashed up. Sorry but if my car just gets a scratch and stuff when i crash i won't be buying the game.

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Sicilian. said:
they should delay it till all car have real time physics damage. If i crash a car in to a wall at 90mph's i want to see that car get smashed up. Sorry but if my car just gets a scratch and stuff when i crash i won't be buying the game.

It's a lot more than the damage system. The main issue is the licensing.

kanariya said:
Sicilian. said:

It's a lot more than the damage system. The main issue is the licensing.

What do you mean? The car makers that support the game pretty much don't wanna show there cars getting destroyed? 

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

exactly. for the production cars.

even if they allow the games to damage the cars, it will be limited and not realistic.