By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else dislike Halo 3: ODST? Post your thoughts and Impressions

well im glad so many people enjoy ODST. But after spending another with the campaign it has solidified itself as the worst halo campaign to date. However i will finish it (because of the achievements). i still find it funny that people think im a Halo hater. Just look at my games and youll realize im probably a bigger halo fan than you.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

Um, wow, where do I begin?

You keep stating the same points over and over again.

"Worst Halo Campaign to Date". Granted this is all a matter of opinion but, really? Because the voice acting, storyline, atmosphere, and gameplay would tell me otherwise. I think the game did what it was designed for; to brilliantly illustrate why Master Chief is such an important character in the Halo universe.

I'm not sure exactly what people were looking for in the campaign that wasn't found in the game. It seems to me, that the people whom hate it the most are those who bought Halo 3 just for the multiplayer and just can't make the adjustment to a slower paced style of gameplay. I could be wrong though and I don't want to generalize.

I just don't really get what the game is lacking.

1337 Gamer said:
well im glad so many people enjoy ODST. But after spending another with the campaign it has solidified itself as the worst halo campaign to date. However i will finish it (because of the achievements). i still find it funny that people think im a Halo hater. Just look at my games and youll realize im probably a bigger halo fan than you.

LOL...hey, your MGC says you're not a halo hater...but saying Halo ODST is the worst halo, is like saying it's in the top 10 for FPS on consoles...lol!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

^ well IMHO ODST is the worst halo. But it had some huge shoes to fill and comes up just a bit short. Im not saying its even close to the worst game ive ever played but compared to its predecessors its not as much fun.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I don't like the visor vision mathingy, It's annoying, but then again I've only played like 15 minutes. Now I got two copies of Halo 3!! Yippie!

Let's co-op and complete it together lol. That way neither of us get bored ;)

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

^ ill totally do it. but its gonna have to wait till Thursday. Ive got alot of homework and things to do over the next few days.

Guys, 1337 gamer is not a Halo hater. If you have ever read any of his other posts, you would see that this is blatantly obvious.
Anyway, I have mixed feelings about it. I likes the atmosphere of the campaign, as well as the way the story was told. The campaign was actually delightful to play because of the way the covenant fought and actually seemed to use more strategy. However, the covenants brains seem to have been sucked from the heads of your allies...who were dumber than a box of rocks. The graphics were sub par... they seemed to be around Halo 2's range.
Firefight is fun with a few friends. But it has major issues, first off, no matchmaking, I find it hard to get more than one friend to play firefight with me at any given time, and what happens several months down the road when none of my friends are playing ODST? The lag is also pretty bad in firefight mode when you are playing with friends, it is almost unplayable at times.
The three extra multiplayer maps are not worth the price either. Heretic is a terrible map, it was horrible in Halo two, and it has not changed.
Citadel is also a horrible map it's too small for most of Bungie's playlists, for a 2V2 match, I think it would be perfect.
Longshore is the only decent map of the three IMO

All this being said, I am glad I only rented the game, I will probably buy a used copy down the line somewhere, but the game is NOT worth $60.00, especially since Bungie did not give you a download card for the Reach Beta. "This hardware is the key to the Reach Beta." (speaking of the ODST disc)

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I can vouche for 1337 Gamer and tell you all he has played and liked the other Halo games. I've played with him in both Halo Wars multiplayer (got my ass handed to me) as well as Halo 3 multi (kicked some ass :D). Anyways stop labeling people because their opinions differ from yours.

While I disagree with him, campaign has always been a massive part of Halo for me, I can understand why he doesn't like ODST seeing as he's mostly into multiplayer. For anyone that is into multiplayer for their games I do not recommend buying ODST unless you don't own Halo 3. If you enjoy a good campaign however and playing co-op then I highly recommend this game. Simple as that, stop the flaming.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

wow, nice feed back... everyone has a different opinion :p

so campain is soso and MP is only good with a friendlist ? Since i don't add strangers from the net (i've been told not to talk to strangers), that means I have only the soso campain to look forward too.... umh guess I'll wait for a 15£ price tag ^^

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

ironman said:
Guys, 1337 gamer is not a Halo hater. If you have ever read any of his other posts, you would see that this is blatantly obvious.
Anyway, I have mixed feelings about it. I likes the atmosphere of the campaign, as well as the way the story was told. The campaign was actually delightful to play because of the way the covenant fought and actually seemed to use more strategy. However, the covenants brains seem to have been sucked from the heads of your allies...who were dumber than a box of rocks. The graphics were sub par... they seemed to be around Halo 2's range.
Firefight is fun with a few friends. But it has major issues, first off, no matchmaking, I find it hard to get more than one friend to play firefight with me at any given time, and what happens several months down the road when none of my friends are playing ODST? The lag is also pretty bad in firefight mode when you are playing with friends, it is almost unplayable at times.
The three extra multiplayer maps are not worth the price either. Heretic is a terrible map, it was horrible in Halo two, and it has not changed.
Citadel is also a horrible map it's too small for most of Bungie's playlists, for a 2V2 match, I think it would be perfect.
Longshore is the only decent map of the three IMO

All this being said, I am glad I only rented the game, I will probably buy a used copy down the line somewhere, but the game is NOT worth $60.00, especially since Bungie did not give you a download card for the Reach Beta. "This hardware is the key to the Reach Beta." (speaking of the ODST disc)

You just hate Heretic and Citadel because you got butt raped on both those maps multiple times :P

And wow at people calling 1337gamer a Halo Hater.  I know he's not a hater cause I just played Halo 3 multiplayer with him just a couple days ago!!  Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean their a hater.