By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Katamari On Project Natal(Not So Fun?)

tedsteriscool said:
^ Off topic but:
Your sig makes no sense. It implies that every member is a fanboy to a particular console when there are members here (Like CGI) who like all consoles equally.

Everyone is a fanboy...just varying degrees.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Eversince i played the PSP or 2 i forget which one, anyway there all great IMO and this one is added to the list!

Well considering the game is boring to begin with, I'm not sure how Natal would make it any less boring. Once a carp game always a crap game.

No, but I think it would be fun on the WiiFit Board!

Wbo's with me?

Can someone please say demo, this game is not built from scratch for NATAL it is just a demo of an old game thrown together to work with NATAL.

Around the Network

It appears from watching the two videos that controller motions have been replaced by hand signals.

Admittedly, it is hard to interpret what is going on from YouTube videos.

I can say, that a lot of it looked to be movement for the sake of movement, the same complaint that has plagued many-a-Wii game from the beginning.

If you were going to accurately use the technology to replicate real actions, then your hands would be constantly going. I saw some of that -- but not enough to know if that is what truly is happening. However, given that such a repetitive motion would be tiresome and potentially wearing on the human body, it makes you wonder to what degree motion should be added to gaming.

I will close with this disclaimer. I don't have an Xbox 360 and I have a Wii. (I do have my first-generation Xbox and PS2 also still hooked up). I bring this up because by owning a Wii, I have experienced good and poor interpretations of the use of motion. It is best incorporated for special and occasional acts -- or when the motion is natural. If it is not a sports-type game, reducing the movements to be interpreted leads to the best experience.

Just because you have motion does not mean you have to use motion for everything. Unfortunately, since Project Natal desires to eliminate the controller entirely, it is potentially going down a very slippery slope. It would be much better if it made the project augment standard controls for some games -- then it could have limitless potential.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV