By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ Licenses Nintendo IP

THQ generally sucks at the whole video gaming making thing.  However they make multiplatform games and movie games which generally garner (read: sucker) enough people to make them profitable.

Shame shame Nintendo.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
I'm putting my money on THQ developing the next Mario Party game, since Hudson is now owned by Konami.

Shit, when did that happen?

...already over it. 

MARIO!!! lmfao.. would never happen.. maybe Star Fox?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Why don't we see what they're making before we start complaining.

I with twesterm, THQ does make some absolute crap, but this is Nintendo. One thing is for sure, Nintendo knows what they are doing in most cases (especially lately), so I will trust them on this one . . . for now.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Paradigm Entertainment produced Pilot Wings 64 ... beyond that THQ has a few good studios:

Paradigm Entertainment
Rainbow Studios
Relic Entertainment
Volition Inc.

Most of their studios are crap (and crank out a lot of licenced games) but they still have a couple of studios that can make decent games.

If that counts as an IP then i seriously seriously hope this means PilotWiings.

was paradigm a recent aquisition of THQ because i dont remember Pilotwings 64 saying anything about THQ on it.

Hmm... I checked them on Wikipedia, and apparently they're the type of publisher that buys out lots of small developers. Kinda like EA, but not quite as bad.

Most of the games by their studios are pretty mediocre, but some are truly excellent, so I'm cautiously optimistic here. Just as long as we don't get more CD-I Zeldas...

could Nintendo be using them for a new IP perhaps, they did say they were working on new ideas for 2008 a while ago.

Who knows, perhaps it'll be WWE Stompdown - lay the stomp down in the square circle using your WiiFit fitness board and Wiimote for full arsenal of deadly attacks.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

B.S. Story Of The Day: THQ And Nintendo IP

By Chris Kohler October 17, 2007 | 3:51:42 PM

Getting linked all over the Internet today is a story that points to an SEC filing by game publisher THQ, that says the publisher has licensed "intellectual property" from Nintendo.

Indeed they are. But the rabbit hole goes deeper! Other publishers that have licensed "intellectual property" from Nintendo include: every single publisher that has ever made a game that appeared on a Nintendo platform. But for some reason, this bog-standard agreement is being hyped up as "THQ enters confidential alliance with Nintendo and is going to make games featuring Nintendo characters! OMG!"

Nope. They're just renewing the same standard contract that lets them use Nintendo's confidential information about its hardware and business in the making of their own games.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/bs-story-of-the.html 

what games come from thq?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.