By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which should I buy? A PS3 or XBOX 360?

$299 Arcade + 2 games
$449 Elite + 2 games
$499 PS3 + a platinum game

OH SHIT

I have the perfect solution. PS3s are region free for PS3 games!

If you are OK with having to import your Blu-ray movies, import a PS3 and save $200.

Or, hell, import the PS3 and BUY a local Blu-ray player and you still come out ahead, I'm sure.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
Why did you even post this? This thread is only going to incite ignorance and misinformation, not debate and guidance. And you knew that's all it would do too..

I'm not going to tell you to buy one or the other cuz I'm not going to feed into this crap fest. I think this thread should be closed. This kind of thread is annoying as hell. What you should have done is PM'd a few of the more intelligent fanboys on either side and compared what, say, 3 of each fanboy had to say to what you feel like you want.

Great job making a thread you knew was going to start a flame war!

Wow what a great feeling of community! Seriously I respect the people on these forums and I know they won't misguide me.. Just read the read and you'll see that your post is the one that is most likely going to send this thread off the rails.. Well done!

As an owner of both, let me stress: There is no wrong decision. Both consoles are great. And lately, both consoles are worth owning (at first, to me, they were carbon copies!).

Get a PS3 because you're going to get an X360 when the Natal version comes out anyway.

Ask yourself these questions puffy:

- What games and exclusives do I want to play?
- Which console has the better deal for me?
- Do I really want to pay $50 just to play online?

Around the Network

Do what Final Fan said....Import!

Get a PS3. You don't want to give up on the option of watching Blu-ray movies.

* Its got wireless adapter so you can place it anywhere in your home and use that to get online.

* Remember that you can replace the hard drive for ANY laptop drive. High capacity laptop HDDs are available for cheap on EBay.

* When you replace the HDD, you can take out your old HDD and put it in an enclosure, so you get an extra external HDD. Enclosures are available for $5 USD on Ebay.

* Killzone 2

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

There are 2 factors to consider when choosing a console.
1. What do your friends own?
2. What games do you want?
Nothing else matters.

dobby985 said:
There are 2 factors to consider when choosing a console.
1. What do your friends own?
2. What games do you want?
Nothing else matters.

I don't think friends is a good enough reason to buy a console. You can ve no friends on xbox live/psn and still have fun with the console you purchased.

Now that they are at relatively similar price, it's really down to 2 factors.

_ are you interested in blue ray?
(I personnaly ain't, but if you are, count this as being worth about 2-3 exclusives)

_ how many exclusives of each interest you?
Halo 3, Halo3 ODST, Halo Reach, Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Fable 3, L4D, L4D2, Forza3, LO, shadow complex, GTA4 addon, Alan Wake

FFXIIIvs, GoW3, MSG4, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, GT5, Valkyria Chronicles
Then if you believe the popular rant on this site (new IPs or refreshed (KZ)): Killzone 2, LBP, WKC, Demonsoul, Haze, Heavy Rain

(sorry i'm not big at folowing unreleased exclusives but they have 5 and 6 respectively there...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO