By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The meaning of life

This topic is very vague and I don't think meaningful discussion will get going.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
This topic is very vague and I don't think meaningful discussion will get going.

Oh yeah?  Watch this!

The real meaning of life, is to worship God.

• a characteristic state or mode of living; "social life"; "city life"; "real life"
  • the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities; "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"
  • the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living; "he hoped for a new life in Australia"; "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"
  • animation: the condition of living or the state of being alive; "while there's life there's hope"; "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"
  • the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short life"; "he lived a long and happy life"
  • the period from the present until death; "he appointed himself emperor for life"
  • a living person; "his heroism saved a life"
  • liveliness: animation and energy in action or expression; "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"
  • living things collectively; "the oceans are teeming with life"
  • the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones; "there is no life on the moon"
  • biography: an account of the series of events making up a person's life
  • a motive for living; "pottery was his life"

That should get you started =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

I heard it was something to do with Religion or John Cleese, but I can't remember which now.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

d21lewis said:
dtewi said:

Oh yeah?  Watch this!

The real meaning of life, is to worship God.

How clever of you.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
You are born to do whatever you want to do.

There, that was easy.

What if I want to kill, harm or otherwise do something to you that you don't want?

Sorry, it's not that easy.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@ Everyone saying 42 - What is the ultimate question?

OT: The meaning of life is that there is no meaning.

highwaystar101 said:

Then, what the hell?  Why do we think, function, invent, and such?  There has to be a reason......FUCK!  Now, I'm thinking about it.  Oh well.  Can it all just be reation?  Are we just complex machines, built to perform a task?  Is it all just action and reaction?  Are we all dreams in the mind of a child?  Why aren't we just mindless drones, like insects?  Why do we love, hate, create, build, destroy, socialize, play?  Is it 41?  Maybe even 44!?!

But really, if there's an answer, I'd be really surprised to find it on VGChartz. 

d21lewis said:
highwaystar101 said:

Then, what the hell?  Why do we think, function, invent, and such?  There has to be a reason......FUCK!  Now, I'm thinking about it.  Oh well.  Can it all just be reation?  Are we just complex machines, built to perform a task?  Is it all just action and reaction?  Are we all dreams in the mind of a child?  Why aren't we just mindless drones, like insects?  Why do we love, hate, create, build, destroy, socialize, play?  Is it 41?  Maybe even 44!?!

But really, if there's an answer, I'd be really surprised to find it on VGChartz. 

Hey! We at VGChartz are the most enlightened bunch on the internet...

*Highwaystar101 scratches his arse*

... But yeah, if one believes that we are nothing but a happy coincidence from a long line of events throughout the history of the universe and we weren't created then how can there be meaning of life? All there can be is function.

The meaning of life... is to find out the meaning of life.

/paradox

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you