By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TGS 09: Forza 3 vs GT5 .. surprising verdict!

selnor said:
huaxiong90 said:
Actually, no Forza game scored as high as the first 3 Gran Turismo games on metacritic.
That would be because GT1-3 had no competition then. Nothing for it to be compared to. LOL.

No, its because the Gran Turismo series is one of the best gaming series ever.

OT: The only thing I can judge is the graphics of both games. It is pretty clear that GT5 is graphically better, especially the car models. Environments are pretty even, but its difficult to judge because I have only seen a city-scape for GT5 and a mountain-scape for F3.

The article said that GT5 was more realistic and that Forza 3 was more arcadey :/

Around the Network

So this is a big deal because why?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
So this is a big deal because why?

Dis.

So since nobody answered my question I'll just go off of what selnor is showing. So GT5 and Forza 3 comparisons are about environments not the actual car models. So these aren't racing games they're environment games. I get it now. Wow these games must be boring then.

Sony fanboy logic:

Destruction in favor of GT: OMG GT5 WILL BE AWESOME, FORZA SUCKS!!1

Destructoid in favor of Forza: SHITTY SITE THEY HAVE NO CREDIBILITY FUCK THEM

Around the Network

According to websites GT:P >> Forza 3 >> GT5

hardyhar said:
Infamous said:
The spins, damage control and hatred spewing from this topic is absolutely sad. I'd bet a permaban that if this was in favor of GT5 and was posted on some random blog from a no-name site, it'll have 100+pages by tomorrow morning and have tons of people backing it up and gloating. Where as Destructoid is well-known and sent checks (like EA sent them a $200 one a week ago), demos, games and interviews by some of the biggest companies; sometimes world exclusive, too. Yet it's discredited to hell, even though it's not bashing any game whatsoever.

Ugh.

They give Halo: ODST an 8, and you don't hear anything (even from Halo fanboys). I promise anyone here that if they give GT5 an 8 they'll receive INCREDIBLE backlash from fanboys and be known as an anti-Sony site (even though all the authors love their PS3's, some way more than others).

Pathetic.

And we all know why that is..........

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

I love that article because dimwits fuel it by not fully reading it and commenting things that the very article TALKS about. It's pure irony and if ever anyone's bored one day, take the time out to read the comments. Hilarious.

This topic shows it even more, but it's not like it matters because when this topic eventually dies VGchartz will still be full of a 60%+ extremely pro-Sony/fanboy population and that will be that. I mean, I just got called pathetic because I "posted this flamebait" when I've seen, what, hundreds of comparison threads here? And some that were  extremely trollish/stealth trollish? All I did as post a link and say download the demo if you didn't. A link that doesn't attack or show any bias, whatsoever, from a well-known pro-Sony author.

..yet, again, I promise you that if this was turned around and in favor of GT, it would have been posted and gloated about to kingdom come. Definetely have over 100 replies by now, etc.

You can tell when fanboys are begrudged because of the random discrediting; Desructoid has some VERY pro-Sony staff. Anyone who's a regular will tell you that, or you can simply search the site for hours and find out yourself.  The closest thing to attacking Sony on that site would be Jimbo, but he attacks MS just as bad if not WORSE. The author of that topic is known for his love of GT and also loves Kaz. Yet still, fanboys attack his justifiable opinion simply because it's against what they love so dear.

It's just so fucking annoying already. Reminds me (I don't know why but it does) of loging on Amazon the other day to check out the MW2 bundle and see a fanboy troll post attacking 360. The funny part is that people were interested in purchasing an HD console and his extremely anti-360 post encouraged them to actually choose 360 over PS3. How stupid he must've felt..

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

sure why so many others say GT is better

cajunboy1 said:
sure why so many others say GT is better

Do they? Ive seen 2 articles, both have favoured Forza 3.

tombi123 said:
selnor said:
huaxiong90 said:
Actually, no Forza game scored as high as the first 3 Gran Turismo games on metacritic.
That would be because GT1-3 had no competition then. Nothing for it to be compared to. LOL.

No, its because the Gran Turismo series is one of the best gaming series ever.

OT: The only thing I can judge is the graphics of both games. It is pretty clear that GT5 is graphically better, especially the car models. Environments are pretty even, but its difficult to judge because I have only seen a city-scape for GT5 and a mountain-scape for F3.

The article said that GT5 was more realistic and that Forza 3 was more arcadey :/

Have you not seen the Forza 3 New York track? Much better environment detail. And lol, people now say environments dont matter in a car game. It's only the biggest part of graphics in a car game. What else do you drive on, and spend 90% of the time driving looking at? THE TRACK.

Also how on earth are people getting GT5 more realistic from the article? Did Sony fans read a different article, either that or no GT fan has ever played Forza at all. They would know that Forza 1 and 2 on medium has all assits on. LOL.