By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Course DiRT 2 is going to look better than Forza 3, it's only running at 30fps.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
rckrz6 said:
The demo was alright. Didn't seem as realistic as forza 2. The flipping is cool. The cockpit views sort of look like ass But overall they did improve visuals. Not to the extent i was expecting though. I noticed that the guy does not shift gears nor can you look around the inside of the car while driving

I could have sworn I saw a video where the guy was looking left and right in the cockpit.

Left and right is possible, if you watch back you only will see the track.

But look yourself and I think, you'll not ne disappointed-neither in gaphics nor in gameplay. When I read some posts here I think some guys expecting Forza is sex on wheels, but it is just almost sex on wheels:P

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Still no links?

In the absence of those let's take a look at some stats.  Last I looked there were around 134,000 people on the Audi R8 leaderboard alone.  That's obviously not everyone who's played the demo but let's say for the sake of argument that it is.  So far I've see this one report of the track vanishing - although only in replay and only on one portion of the track.  Let's say there's 50 other people who have posted about this (I'm guessing a bit since I haven't been able to find other reports on this.)  And let's say there's twice that many people that are having the problem and didn't bother to report it (i.e. 100 people all total).  That's .074% of the users that are playing the demo that are seeing this issue.  Not even a tenth of a percent.  And that's assuming that the R8 leaderboard represents all the players playing the demo.

I'd say that points to hardware problems.  Are you running the demo from the hard disk?  How full and how old is the hard disk?  If it's heavily fragmented I'd bet that that could cause this.

Well it is a Demo so..

The game looks insane and I got no issues with the replay... It's on replay right now... I've tried every possible posssition and maybe there is some camera bug this guy found, but I couldn't find it

Around the Network

Just played the Demo, Zero issues, Im very impressed with the graphics

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

I played the demo and I have to say that I find the game to be excellent. My skills not withstanding, I enjoyed the game immensely. The only thing I do not care for is the replay cameras. I am spoiled by free roam Halo replay cameras and having to use someone else camera is a little limiting to me. I can understand it for a racing game though.

The graphics are excellent and I honestly don't see what the complaining is all about. The graphics look exactly like the Turn 10 screenshots looked. The track is absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to get my hands on all of the tracks just to see how awesome they look. I will be picking this bad boy up day one.

No the demo is great and i can't wait for it to come out.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

JaggedSac said:
rckrz6 said:
The demo was alright. Didn't seem as realistic as forza 2. The flipping is cool. The cockpit views sort of look like ass But overall they did improve visuals. Not to the extent i was expecting though. I noticed that the guy does not shift gears nor can you look around the inside of the car while driving

I could have sworn I saw a video where the guy was looking left and right in the cockpit.

Yes, you can look around. Push up on the right analog and hold it up while moving it left and right.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
JaggedSac said:
rckrz6 said:

Yes, you can look around. Push up on the right analog and hold it up while moving it left and right.

Ah, thanks.  I will have to try that.  I was able to move left and right with the right stick, but it showed the view straight to the left and right.