By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Katekyo Hitman Reborn Discussion

Why not? I enjoy good shounen. I'm the guy who recommended Bokou Rensin to you, remember?

Around the Network

There's not actually all that much to dislike (outside of the art style) - it's just very generic shonen so far, with very generic shonen situations and very generic shonen humor.

And an annoying baby.

More original later, huh?

Tell me if the later plots involve any or more than one of the following: awakening hidden powers, tournament fighting, time travel, resurrection of the dead, threats to the entire world, progressively more powerful enemy archetypes that were conveniently never seen before

Khuutra said:
More original later, huh?

Tell me if the later plots involve any or more than one of the following: awakening hidden powers, tournament fighting, time travel, resurrection of the dead, threats to the entire world, progressively more powerful enemy archetypes that were conveniently never seen before

Katekyo Hitman Reborn does consist of some of those. The difference is that its done REALLY well. The first 19 episodes is just funny stuff with nothing serious or incrediblely interesting happening. But once you get to episode 20 its gets REALLY awesome. WAY better then Busou Renkin IMO. And WORLDS apart better then Naruto (anime-wise becasue the manga is actually really awesome) and Bleach. I hope you actually give it a chance.

20 episodes is not a "chance". There are really great series out there, just waiting to be discovered, that are that long or shorter.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
20 episodes is not a "chance". There are really great series out there, just waiting to be discovered, that are that long or shorter.

Then skip the first 19 episodes then. You don't really need to watch them (though you will be missing out on the character development).