By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - where does VGCHARTS get the euro hardware numbers?

I've been wondering.

Around the Network

Gnomes

magic eight ball

Is there a reason why this can't be shown weekly / monthly or however it is released? Is it not public information like the NPD and Mediacreate numbers?? It would be good to qualify what is making up the 'other' numbers. It would be great if we could see them on the front page like the Japan and USA numbers that come out when they do... It makes estimations and future predictions quite difficult, because all numbers discussed about Europe are hearsay and 'guesses' educated or not. GfK is Australian isn't it? How do you get their numbers, it's not publically available is it? Couldn't the same be done with an Australian chart?? *shrugs* i don't really know.

I think the problem is, England and Australia have weekly numbers, everything else in monthly or yearly... NPD is not free, but key information is leaked about the major developments, and the major industry news websites get access to that information when it comes out. From what I can tell, M-Create, Dengeki and Famitsu are free...largely because of the Zaibatsu, as the Japanese government needs to make sure the people's money is invested wisely.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

OriGin said: GfK is Australian isn't it? How do you get their numbers, it's not publically available is it? Couldn't the same be done with an Australian chart?? *shrugs* i don't really know.
IGN posts weekly Australian sale numbers.

They post the charts which are just the top 10 games for each catagory... can you link me to this please? I have seen no numbers.

I thought they also talk about the hardware sales in the actual discussion. I could be wrong though.

nah as far as I know no numbers are discussed... but i could be wrong also. - just checked, no numbers announced publically as far as I can tell.