By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reviewing Bias

Earlier today there was a thread that accused some well known , reputable reviewers of bias towards one system.

Now the J man got to thinking "why the hell would reviewers give a damn about one system enough to lowerer the score of it's opponents games?"

There is absolutly no reason for reputable reviewers to show bias towards one system's games , they interview developers and truly get to see how hard the developer , no matter who , makes a game and how much effort they put in it and judge according to the game not the name.......there is absolutly no bias in this.

This gaming industry is not filled with bias and hatred as you would like to believe........developers praise each other's accomplishments and get tips from each other even if they are MS and Sony First Party, they wish each other the best no matter what the project...

....Reviewers are right in this as well , they talk with each developer and are equally excited when talking to the developer no matter who it is.

In conclusion , this bias/system war BS is only exists within the fanboy world and excecutive world of this industry , developers and reviewers are no part of it.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

What about all the reviewers who admit to preferring RPGs, shooters, etc., and mostly review those genres for that reason? Are they not biased?

This particular person isn't a fanboy at all! He's as neutral as they come, and owns all 3 current gen consoles!

Obviously the J man is biased towards the 360, and he is trying to to trick people into thinking that all reviewers are not. But I saw through your plan.

MontanaHatchet said:
What about all the reviewers who admit to preferring RPGs, shooters, etc., and mostly review those genres for that reason? Are they not biased?

A good game, no matter what genre , is still a good game no matter what and will be reviewed accordingly.

But there was something I wanted to add , A reviewer that is a big star wars fan will always give a good star wars game a great score but lets say they were reviewing a star trek game.......the game would get the reviews it exactly.

There is no such thing as un-bias people , its in all of us , but reviewers do not let that bias harm the reviews of another game which was kind of the point of the J mans OP.

Around the Network
indodude said:
This particular person isn't a fanboy at all! He's as neutral as they come, and owns all 3 current gen consoles!

Naw just 2.....

dsister44 said:
Obviously the J man is biased towards the 360, and he is trying to to trick people into thinking that all reviewers are not. But I saw through your plan.

Dont make me jam this donut where the sun dont shine on you...lol

jesus kung fu magic said:
dsister44 said:

You can't silence me

Of course reviews have bias, everything has a bias. There isn't a single opinion in the world that doesn't hold some form of bias. That's what it all comes down to in the end. A review is a specific persons opinion on something, generalized as much as possible for a general audience. An RPG fan won't be likely to care about an FPS and vice versa.

dsister44 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
dsister44 said:

You can't silence me

i'll hold dsister down while you use your kung fu magic