By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 review by Gamereactor (Sweden) - Amazingly high score again!

darthdevidem01 said:
isn't 8/10 like "not high" in todays terms of looking at review scores?

Anything below a 9 is terrible.

I'm surprised that there are long loading times before each chapter; I thought there weren't going to be any. Nice to see that they enjoyed the story/characters.

Around the Network

Not bad, waiting on other reviews.

Although I do recall reading that this game had no loading times...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

as a sidenote the second take gave it a 10/10

The "second opinion" at the end of the article gives it a 10/10 and the Editor's Choice award.

Sigh.

kowenicki said:
hmmm

the only thing there that will bother me is if it is too repetitive.

it quite difficult to be too repetitive in a 9hr campaign... slightly worrying.. but lets see.

I remember hearing several complaints about the first one being too repetitive as well, seems like they stuck to the same formula.

Around the Network

8 is the new average according to threads comparing exclusives and their metacritic score. 8/10 would translate ti 80/100.. and you have to be atlease above 85 to be considered playable these days. So this score is below average acutally.

8 is a good score. It is a solid B

Okay, so let's just ignore all the credible reviews and condemn the game for being repetitive....

There are no loading times in this game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uncharted-2-impossible-on-xbox-360

"You can play the entire game without loading. We don't require an install. We're doing all the post-processing effects on the SPUs [Synergistic Processing Units]. The quality of the depth of field we have, you can't do that on the Xbox."

You can ignore the stuff about you can't do it on the Xbox, which whilst being true is not relevant, the main point is they are wrong basically. They might be referring to if you start a chapter from the menu, then you get a bit of loading

8 is crap!

Games thats currently rated as 8s are:
ZEN Pinball
Call of Duty 3
The Darkness
Lego Star Wars
Lumines Supernova
Buzz Quiz
Ghostbuster
Tomb Raider Legend
Cloning Clyde
Banjo Kazooie
Peter Jacksons King Kong

.... seriously. 8 is not a good score these days. Reviewers have lost it.

darthdevidem01 said:
isn't 8/10 like "not high" in todays terms of looking at review scores?

8/10 usually means fanboy rage these-a-days.