By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY TGS Rumors - Franchise gets MUCH NEEDED Refresh, BIG announcements!

One of the most important events on the gaming calendar is rearing its head once again in 2009, as we look to the Far East for the annual Tokyo Games Show. Set inside the Makuhari Messe on the outskirts of Tokyo, over the next few days the city will transform into whats become the biggest event on the planet for Japanese gamers of all ages, dressing the streets with poster blankets and advertising boards, electronic billboard media and flashy lights, this year is no exception.

Over the 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th September, the TGS takes place with both trade and public demonstrations; split half and half, the first two days are dedicated strictly to invited media and press, with the latter half left open for gamers to step in and try out all of the latest and greatest releases from some of the worlds most prominent, prestigous and groundbreaking studios, along with a few new, fresh and upcoming design houses looking to break their title into the exhausted marketplace.

With this years celebratory keynote being handled by none other than Kaz Hirai of Sony Computer Entertainment, we can't wait too see what Sony pulls out of the bag during its press conference. Will there be any exciting new announcments or Sony exclusives revealed? Will there be any news on their mysterious motion controllers, or any news on firm release dates for some of their biggest games? Only Sony has the answers, and we will be right here to break them all to you live as TGS opens its doors once more for a world class show.

This area is also reserved for all of the titles that will be on show at TGS for Sony platforms, including PS3, PSP and PSN news related content. We know of several big announcements to come out of the show already, one of them being a lot closer to 'home' than you think, and  a 'franchised series receiving a much needed refresh'...

If we say anymore we will most certainly be chewed up and spat out by Sony law enforcement, so with that, on with the show. Below is a list of titles that will more than likely be shown off at this years TGS 2009, with a few suprises along the way!

http://www.psbeyond.com/features/Tokyo-Games-Show-2009.1199.html

one of them being A LOT closer to home?

hmmmm.......an american dev announcing a game at TGS?

A franchised series getting a MUCH NEEDED refresh.....refresh = remake.....remake = Final Fantasy 7 Remake for PS3?

Or a Refresh can equal something NEW in the series?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Jak 4?

Legend of Dragoon 2?

I wouldn't trust the source. They have Twisted Metal listed as being on the show floor at TGS, which is outrageous. I think that's the same website that has a bunch of fanboy articles with improper facts as well.

If it ends up being true though, I would guess Suikoden as the franchise refresh.

Jak 4 would be awesome.
Dark Cloud 3?
Rogue Galaxy 2?
THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON 2 or REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST FAINTED!!!!

Around the Network

That list is absolutely amazing, just looking at the amount of games headed to the PS3 makes me want one even more. TGS is sure to be amazing!

Kingdom Hearts 3!!!!!! lol

I simply HAD to

why is evryone saying Legend Of Dragoon 2?

how much did the original sell?

Is it financially viable for SONY to maeka remake/sequel

@cactus

suikoden was dead?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
why is evryone saying Legend Of Dragoon 2?

how much did the original sell?

Is it financially viable for SONY to maeka remake/sequel

@cactus

suikoden was dead?

Oops, I meant "series refresh". I'll edit my post.

I say Suikoden because the man behind the original two games is rumored to be working with Konami on Suikoden VI.

Swear to god...if FF VII is re-made I'll have a coronary.