By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Multiplayer For PSN and Live (Up to 16 players) + Info

Surprised no one saw this yet ...

Firstly, the developers have been busy testing various plots and have even considered having the entire world unlocked for the player at the start of the game. GTA veterans will know that one of the staples of previous GTA games has been locked areas that can only be accessed by progressing past certain missions or pivotal story elements.

Some fans enjoyed this system, as it gave them incentive to move through the story and continue playing the game, while other fans found the system somewhat limiting and unecessary.

Secondly, and more importantly, Rockstar is aiming for a multiplayer component to compliment the singleplayer, with up to 16 players fighting it out in various multiplayer modes.

Source: http://gamernode.com/News/4628-GTA-IV-will-have-16-multiplayer-for-PS3-and-360/index.html

Delay vindicated? 

Around the Network

Yeah, I saw that.

Wondering what kind of multiplayer mode it would be though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I saw that.

just look up the GTAVC/SA multiplayer mod for the PC version. Probably will be something like that

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Saw it and didn't particularly care. Hopefully it will add something to the game, otherwise I'll continue to assume it will be similar to GTAIII in that it's only fun when you cheat and that only lasts an hour at most (my personal opinion at least).

Is it just me or has hype for GTA IV deflated like anything..

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
Is it just me or has hype for GTA IV deflated like anything..

That happens when a big-time game is delayed, doesn't show any new gameplay vids, doesn't release any information (until now), and has now been pushed behind loads of other great games (Halo, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Super Mario Galaxy, etc.)

There's too much other stuff to be excited about right now to spend too much time worrying about GTA IV.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I would love for them to implement an online co-op campaign to the game. That sounds like a lot of fun imho. Especially if the missions were designed specifically for 2 players.

But I do agree that the hype is way way down on GTA IV, and the reason why is posted above my post by Mr Rocketpig~

To Each Man, Responsibility

Can't wait for this game, best game ever. I've played the series for over 1500 hours atleast.

Wow, at least 1500 hours, that would come out to about 62.5 days. Not sure if that is something to be proud of, or ashamed of. I'm gonna go with the latter of the two.

Multiplayer for GTA is just a far fetched rumor, I'll believe it when I see it. Any online besides co-op would hurt the game. Death match or capture the flag just don't seem right for this series.

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, I saw that.

crips vs bloods dawg... heh i've been expecting this since they announced the delay... oh man, i wish they could combine the servers... PS3 vs 360 = total mayhem!!! ;) this probably means the cheats are gone... though that could add an entirely new gameplay element... who can cheat the quickest? might be cool.