By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

MontanaHatchet said:
To be honest...

I don't really care who wins or loses anymore. If Nintendo dominates and WiiFit sells 20 million and Wii Sports becomes the highest selling game of all time and third parties become whores and only make minigame titles...

I really don't care. Because I have my games, and I have the consoles I like, and I really don't care who wins because it doesn't matter to me. I'm satisfied as a gamer and all of these battles between companies can munch my butt.

Take, for example, this conversation between a friend of mine:

Friend: "Man, why do you want the PS3?" "It doesn't have any good games!" "What are you going to buy?"

Me: "Virtua Fighter 5, Assassin's Creed, these both look good."

Friend: "That's so dumb!" "You can get both of these on the Xbox 360!"

Me: "So?" "I just like the Playstation controller better."

And with that, I walked off to play some more Pokemon.

So, you can all live in your Nintendo fantasy land, with your crusty, aging fanboyism, but I don't really give a freakin' crap anymore. If the PS3 or the 360 ends up in 1st place, that's great. If they don't, and the Wii ends up in first place, that's fine too.

I'm satisfied with all the consoles, so I don't really give a shit anymore.

Thank you.

lol you sound like a defeated sony fanboy lol, like the defeated nintendo fanboys that say the sales gamecube dont care, is funny see fanboys like you cry, but is the first time that you said something good comment , for normal people, enjoy his games is natural and dont make fanboy wars. i hope you enjoy your games too now and dont make more fanboys comment. 

Around the Network

How about this Leo J. I'll even make the probability of you winning the bet easier.

All PS3 has to do is beat the Wii WW for one month during the next three months. October, November, OR December and you win the bet.

megaxl said:
MontanaHatchet said:
To be honest...

I don't really care who wins or loses anymore. If Nintendo dominates and WiiFit sells 20 million and Wii Sports becomes the highest selling game of all time and third parties become whores and only make minigame titles...

I really don't care. Because I have my games, and I have the consoles I like, and I really don't care who wins because it doesn't matter to me. I'm satisfied as a gamer and all of these battles between companies can munch my butt.

Friend: "Man, why do you want the PS3?" "It doesn't have any good games!" "What are you going to buy?"

So, you can all live in your Nintendo fantasy land, with your crusty, aging fanboyism, but I don't really give a freakin' crap anymore. If the PS3 or the 360 ends up in 1st place, that's great. If they don't, and the Wii ends up in first place, that's fine too.

Thank you.

lol you sound like a defeated sony fanboy lol, like the defeated nintendo fanboys that say the sales gamecube dont care, is funny see fanboys like you cry, but is the first time that you said something good comment , for normal people, enjoy his games is natural and dont make fanboy wars. i hope you enjoy your games too now.

Nah, megaxl, I have got to say, you are a complete asshole. Calling me a defeated Sony fanboy. You're a freakin' pathetic fanboy yourself. Mario Hoops showed me that.

I'm just tired of these annoying flame wars and arguments, day after day. Or maybe I'm sick. I do feel a bit woozy. Light headed. Coke is not helping. Hmm, maybe I should lie down. Nah, I'm gonna look stuff up on Urban Dictionary. But new numbers are up, so I'll look at that too.

P.S. Mancandy: I never said the thread is closed, just let me ramble. I like rambling. You no like ramble? Well then, that's too bad.

I have to agree Montana, that was pretty damn rude. I thought I was being a bit too blunt tbh, but holy crap he was just downright vicious.

Either way, if you don't enjoy the dicussion I actually want you to leave. There isn't a reason for you to stay. It shouldn't effect you if we hang out and BS. If you need to take a break from it thats cool, sadly we will probably be here when/if you get back =) We do what we enjoy you do what you enjoy and we're all happy...ish. lol

To Each Man, Responsibility
MontanaHatchet said:
megaxl said:
MontanaHatchet said:
To be honest...

Thank you.

lol you sound like a defeated sony fanboy lol, like the defeated nintendo fanboys that say the sales gamecube dont care, is funny see fanboys like you cry, but is the first time that you said something good comment , for normal people, enjoy his games is natural and dont make fanboy wars. i hope you enjoy your games too now.

Nah, megaxl, I have got to say, you are a complete asshole. Calling me a defeated Sony fanboy. You're a freakin' pathetic fanboy yourself. Mario Hoops showed me that.

I'm just tired of these annoying flame wars and arguments, day after day. Or maybe I'm sick. I do feel a bit woozy. Light headed. Coke is not helping. Hmm, maybe I should lie down. Nah, I'm gonna look stuff up on Urban Dictionary. But new numbers are up, so I'll look at that too.

sorry montana i dont reponse fanboy comments i only laugh of them, enjoy your life.

Around the Network

The 360 outsold the wii just because the wii demand hasn't been on par with production, meanwhile when Halo 3 was released the 360 was in stock everywhere, stores had piles of stock and even today they do. If Nintendo could produce more wiis then I'm sure the number of wiis sold would have been similar of the 360 sales when Halo 3 was released.

Even today you can't find more than 3 online stores at a time with wiis in stock ( www.wiitracker.com reports only one online store with wiis in stock by the time of this writing ) while it's hard to find one online store with 360s out of stock.

Regarding the "domination of PS3 in Europe" all I can say is that is stupid to say that a 2,000 units lead is a domination when the total number of sales are on the 70,000-80,000 units margin.

I propose that to consider a domination a console would have to sell at least 20% mora than the console it's been compared at.

I'm no nintendo fanboy I'm just being realistic and right now I haven't make the jump to this generation, right now all I have is a PS2 that I still love :)

@Montana

Ramble all you like, I thought you didn't want anyone else to ramble. Rambling is okay by me since I have the magical ability to choose not to read certain posts.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I woulnd't say that the Wii has lost all of its strength but I definitely beleive that its market power has waned. With the introduction of the budget 360/PS3 models, the Wii will start to face more competition value-wise. These new models will be especially popular in the 3rd world where the wii is almost totally dominating b/c these consumers are more price conscious that western or japanese consumers.

Unless nintendo does something to increase its market power such as bringing out a new class of games or online content, or increase the value of the wii otherwise, it looks like we are seeing the first stages of the decline of the wii.

You know what, just for that megaxl, I'm not going to stop being a troll, or saying what I want.

I'm going to continue arguing about numbers, and you can go to hell.

That being said...

I think the race will draw closer and closer in 08, but Nintendo will hold a definitive lead. So at the end of the day, it will end up like this...

1st: Wii

2nd: PS3

3rd: 360

The Wii is just a beast. It can't be stopped. But the PS3 may end up pulling out just enough good games and get the price just low enough that it can pass the 360.

This will be a good time for gaming.

Sqrl said:
I have to agree Montana, that was pretty damn rude. I thought I was being a bit too blunt tbh, but holy crap he was just downright vicious.

Either way, if you don't enjoy the dicussion I actually want you to leave. There isn't a reason for you to stay. It shouldn't effect you if we hang out and BS. If you need to take a break from it thats cool, sadly we will probably be here when/if you get back =) We do what we enjoy you do what you enjoy and we're all happy...ish. lol

sorry if i said fanboy to montana sqrl if only that i feel that because montana comments are very agressive and childish (like a gangsta wannabe) your arguments always are "this is shit, this suck, my ass, etc" and he insult other members, i only call them fanboy but he call me asshole and send me to the hell you see the difference.