By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Brezinski Calls for Obama to Shoot Down Israeli Jets

People are just silly, they forget that despite the fact that a democracy has already broken several UN law's since they became a legitimate state 50 years ago, they still ignore that a group of people occupying land in the West Bank are losing their homes and dying only because Israel want's to take up more land 'illegaly'. Had this been any other country in the last 30 year's, the US and UK would have blown their top because it violates everything they fought for in WWII which was to stop the progression of one country in taking more occupied land. Hamas I can see as being horrible, but to place them in the same category as Hezbollah is just ignorance. I was in Lebanon during the 2006 attack's and it wasn't the Lebanese government, or the US troop's who we're helping people rebuild their home's, providing water and food for them and giving them protection, it was Hezbollah. Alway's remember that Hezbollah, Hamas and the PLO wanted peace in the 80's and 90's and it was Israel who rejected them because they didn't want co-operate and follow UN law.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
No I didn't justify hate, I clearly said that they aren't good friends and that we've suffered because of them, so I was pointing out why I don't have the love for them that many in the US have.

Liberals =/= Democrats is splitting hairs because you went on to say 7% of Dems in your argument

No.  It's not splitting hairs.  The 7% of democrats is supposed to represent liberals...

as in that 7% is largely comprised of liberals.'

Kasz216 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
No I didn't justify hate, I clearly said that they aren't good friends and that we've suffered because of them, so I was pointing out why I don't have the love for them that many in the US have.

Liberals =/= Democrats is splitting hairs because you went on to say 7% of Dems in your argument

No.  It's not splitting hairs.  The 7% of democrats is supposed to represent liberals...

Can you show me that that 7% is mostly liberals?  And that that 7% is a large portion of liberals?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kasz216 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Can you show me that that 7% is mostly liberals?  And that that 7% is a large portion of liberals?

That 7% are mostly liberal is pretty obvious, afterall it's a drastically different viewpoint from conservatives and moderates.

You may as well ask me to prove that most pro-choice republicans are ones who aren't conservatives.

As for 7% being a large part of liberals.  Self identifying liberals are between 27 and 35% of the democratic party... with Jewish people being a large part of that. 

As for 7% that's HATING.    45% of democrats don't see Israel as our ally.  Aka are apathetic towarsd them.

Kasz216 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kasz216 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

That 7% are mostly liberal is pretty obvious, afterall it's a drastically different viewpoint from conservatives and moderates.

You may as well ask me to prove that most pro-choice republicans are ones who aren't conservatives.

As for 7% being a large part of liberals.  Self identifying liberals are between 27 and 35% of the democratic party... with Jewish people being a large part of that.

As for 7% that's HATING.    45% of democrats don't see Israel as our ally.  Aka are apathetic towarsd them.

I'm sorry, that's what we call an assumption, just because you assume that its liberals you say that the majority of the 7% are liberals

Take a poli sci class, first thing they'll show you is that people lie or are ignorant about their affiliation so saying that self identifying liberals, doesn't mean anything, because many who claim to be either moderate, liberal or conservative actually aren't in their political views, so again you don't know if its a large portion or not.

As I pointed out earlier Apathy isn't hate.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Original post your argueing.

"In general liberals due seem rather apathetic towards Israel. Quite a few heavier leaning left wing people blame Israel for the middle east hating us... and think if we just gave them the heave ho and let the country die the middle east would suddenly like us."

Additionally the rest of your post... actually proves my  point.  Disliking Israel inheriantly liberal since it is different from the conservative and moderate viewpoints.

Kasz216 said:

"In general liberals due seem rather apathetic towards Israel. Quite a few heavier leaning left wing people blame Israel for the middle east hating us... and think if we just gave them the heave ho and let the country die the middle east would suddenly like us."

Additionally the rest of your post... actually proves my  point.  Disliking Israel inheriantly liberal since it is different from the conservative and moderate viewpoints.

No, actually your argument has no proof, you assume that its the liberal view, you have nothing to back that up, you haven't shown that they are liberal, they could be conservatives who disagree with other conservatives, or moderates who disagree with moderates.

I suspect that if Israel does put planes in the air, they will already have USA's green light, so this is a moot point IMO.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kasz216 said:

No, actually your argument has no proof, you assume that its the liberal view, you have nothing to back that up, you haven't shown that they are liberal, they could be conservatives who disagree with other conservatives, or moderates who disagree with moderates.

If they were conservatives or moderates who disagreed with other conservatives or moderates why is there nearly no indication of those beliefs in the republican base?

That's not an assumption.  It's called basic statistical logic.

You are basically argueing that Liberals, Conservatives and Moderates all agree....

except for democratic conservativse and moderates for some reason.

Additionally warfare that is conducted because you think a threat is going to happen (like Iraq) is seen as wrong by Liberals... correct?

So your argueing that the percentage of people who see Israel as our enemy in some way isn't part of the group that sees Israels attacks on Palestine as wrong?

Also since "Self identifying" can't be used.  You are basically argueing that nothing can be presumed about liberals... at all...

and that for all we know liberals could really be pro-choice, anti-guncontrol nutjobs.

@ NJ5:Well if they have US permission then its fine, but if they try to go it alone, I think we need to make sure they know they'll incur our wrath