By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I would rather not be born, if I would be born into trash.
-Kwaad

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Good point, but nowadays it's a matter or performing an operation on the fetus/baby. Either they fix it or they don't. If the latter happens..Well, we're back at my danger/no danger to mother concept.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

dallas said:

The implication of the picture is that the fetus ( not baby, JMan) gripped the doctor's finger when the sac surrounding the fetus was opened up. In that sense, although the picture could have been real, meaning that there was no doctoring of the photo or any other hokum going on, the reality of the event was that there was no gripping going on b/c the fetus was anesthetized.

@kenobi - Again, the article said that the fetus was anesthetized, so there was no "thrusting" of the arms going on, but mabey you meant "flopping" out

You said This picture was shown to be innacurate. I was merely correcting your mis-statement. It wasn't the photo, but the story that was inaccurate. The snopes site actually says the picture IS accruate and not doctored, according to the doctor (that's a joke -- a pun!)

In all honesty, I really didn't think about which word I chose to use. I saw the hand of what looked like a baby's hand, so I called it with the first word that came to my mind. I wasn't thinking of the fact that it was still legally a fetus.

I've personally had several cute fetuses that I watched while they were in the womb. The little fetuses showed some behaviors then, under the ultrasound scanner, that I see them do now, having passed all the legal requirements to be called citizens. They were active, and two of them were caught sucking their thumbs in the womb. I mean, how, as a parent, can you possibly get your child to stop sucking their thumb when they were doing it while they were fetuses? We even interacted, with the fetus pushing his little hand against his mommies stomache as I pressed it back. I loved them when they were only fetuses, and I love them now.

SleepWaking said:
tombi don't bother, he's a radical christian.

I do not believe that you even know me, but you are correct.  Christian by it's very nature is radical.  Jesus was radical, the Bible is radical.  It's truth, and truth is radical.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Truth? What truth? You're right that christianity was radical, it slaughtered so many people during the past 1500 years that even WW2 casualties pale in comparison.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

abortion does need to be used in some cases... it's a sad thing, but it is a necessity, even though I wouldn't like to admit it...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Wojtas said:
Truth? What truth? You're right that christianity was radical, it slaughtered so many people during the past 1500 years that even WW2 casualties pale in comparison.

Christianity doesn't kill people.  Guns don't kill people.  People kill people. 

Competition and intolerance are usually the motivations and it isn't fair to just blame Christianity on that front.  The human mind conceptualizes the world and all things in it through labeling and grouping.  This allows an efficient mechanism for memory and problem solving.  Unfortunately, it also allows for placing preference orders on specific groupings.  Thus, we get things like chemistry, physics and social sciences as well as bigotry, racism, and the like. 

People tend to get encultrated inside of their large group (society), medium group (social group), and small group (family) and function well inside of those groups but intra-group dynamics can cause problems because the ideology of different groups don't always mesh.  This leads to competition for resources which can lead to anything from new ideas and progress or to wholesale slaughter of rival competition. 

Anthropologically speaking, violence is often a function of group dynamics where two subcultures have differences that cannot be fixed through compromise or where individuals aren't able to be properly enculturated.  Though, there is still other mechanisms that allow for individual agency and choice.

The long and short of it is that blaming one specific belief group isn't useful, because the underlying mechanisms are there for all groups.  It's just a contigent historical fact that Christians have been in a position to be recognized for persecution and killings...it could have been any group, really. 

"Human equality is a contingent fact of history. Equality is not true by definition; it is neither an ethical principle (though equal treatment may be) nor a statement about norms of social action. It just worked out that way. A hundred different and plausible scenarios for human history would have yielded other results (and moral dilemmas of enormous magnitude). They didn't happen." - Stephen Jay Gould

Systems I currently own (in order of preference): PS2, SNES, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Genesis, Nintendo DS, PSX, XBOX, Wii, PS3,  Atari 5200, Turbo-Grafx 16, NES, Gameboy, Game Gear, 32X.

When it comes to christianity, and killing people, there is a great movie out on bluRay, that tells my feelings perfect. Kingdom of Heaven.

Watch it. And a quick history lesson. When christans take the city back, the kill all muslims. Man, woman, and child. (historically, takes place after the movie)

Christans have more blood on their hands than every other religion in the world combined. (and their not the biggest religion either)

I dont have too awefully much to speak about religion, other than I dont like it. In any public form. Religion should be kept to one's self, and one's god.

When it comes to life and death, a unborn 'fetus' is exactly that, a fetus. When do you consider a fetus 'alive' When the cells first divide? Becuase if a fetus with 16 cells has a soul, so does my dog. But the bible says my dog dont have a soul. When does a soul get attached to the fetus? Or even the infant child? When does a child become him/herself? In the womb?

if there is a risk, any risk at all to the mother, abortion should be allowed. I also feel, that population control needs to come into effect in america, by thinning out un-fit parrents. I also feel that if an abortion is necessary due to said, un-fit, both the biological mother and father should BOTH be fixed by law. (sterilized)

Then agian, I'm the one that thinks that illegals should be killed at a fireing squad, without trial. Give them 6 month warning to get the F* out of the US. After that, it's hunting season.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
I also feel, that population control needs to come into effect in america, by thinning out un-fit parrents. I also feel that if an abortion is necessary due to said, un-fit, both the biological mother and father should BOTH be fixed by law. (sterilized)

Then agian, I'm the one that thinks that illegals should be killed at a fireing squad, without trial. Give them 6 month warning to get the F* out of the US. After that, it's hunting season.

That sounds like eugenics which was popular in the 1920s in American and in Nazi Germany...and then surprisingly it disappeared. Why? Because it was based on bad science and is completely immoral and uneducated.

"Human equality is a contingent fact of history. Equality is not true by definition; it is neither an ethical principle (though equal treatment may be) nor a statement about norms of social action. It just worked out that way. A hundred different and plausible scenarios for human history would have yielded other results (and moral dilemmas of enormous magnitude). They didn't happen." - Stephen Jay Gould

Systems I currently own (in order of preference): PS2, SNES, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Genesis, Nintendo DS, PSX, XBOX, Wii, PS3,  Atari 5200, Turbo-Grafx 16, NES, Gameboy, Game Gear, 32X.

"Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Gandhi

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK