By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Visperia PS3 147k first day

Soriku said:

No, you don't get what I mean. I mean they probably moneyhatted the games like DQ X and MH3 while Sony didn't need to for FF XIII and MH3. So I doubt they'll make the game move since Nintendo wants the Wii to be a much more dominating force in Japan.

As I said before, why would Iwata be at the event if something like that didn't happen?

Wouldn't be surprised if more games get the same treatment.

That's incorrect and that's all I'll say about that.

Around the Network

This is what im saying, made a post about it too.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=86374

I guess i really have to play this one, whoo nice!

Soriku said:
Why would Sony want to moneyhat games that were going to be on the system regardless (this was at the time everyone thought the PS3 would be the next PS2)?

That changed with MH3 going to to the Wii and DQ IX going to the DS and now X going to the Wii, however. And FF XIII going to the 360.

Like I said I'm not gonna say more about it, but I know for a fact that what I bolded is wrong. You can either belive me or not, I don't care, but I'm not gonna say more about it.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Soriku said:
Why would Sony want to moneyhat games that were going to be on the system regardless (this was at the time everyone thought the PS3 would be the next PS2)?

That changed with MH3 going to to the Wii and DQ IX going to the DS and now X going to the Wii, however. And FF XIII going to the 360.

Like I said I'm not gonna say more about it, but I know for a fact that what I bolded is wrong. You can either belive me or not, I don't care, but I'm not gonna say more about it.

How is it a fact?

mM
Around the Network
Soriku said:

and Versus to the PS3, FF13 coming early on the ps3, ;).-

saicho said:
Zuhyc said:
outlawauron said:
saicho said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Hero_time88 said:

Perhaps S-E should start to think to change the platform? The Wii doesn't sell that great lately, and it's kind of strange having FFXIII on the PS3 and DQX on the Wii, when they technically share there fanbase.

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy do not share their fanbase.

I was wondering about that as well. when did DQ and FF share the same fanbase?

Since when do they do not?

Yeah, lots of DQ fans in the west play Final Fantasy and vice versa.

Dragon Quest X won't sell bad on the Wii at all, but by putting FF and DQ on different consoles will hurt the sales of both games. I believe DQ sales will be hurt in the west (again, not bad!) and FF sales in Japan.

I disagree. If FF fans play DQ games in the west, why do DQ games always sell like shit outside Japan while FF games always sell a shitload outside Japan? Even in Japan, I don't think they have that many overlapping fans.

I forget to add Japan in that sentence. I meant to say lots of DQ fans in the west play Final Fantasy and vice versa in Japan (most FF fans also play DQ).