By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Visperia PS3 147k first day

Very nice!

http://www.ps3center.net/news/3694/tales-of-vesperia-port-sells-147k-copies-on-opening-day/

Earlier this week, the long awaited PS3 port of Tales of Vesperia went on sale in Japan.  Preliminary sales figures for the title are in, and the early reports suggest that the title moved an astounding 147,000 copies it's first day.  For reference, the XBox 360 version sold 71,000 units in it's debut and finished with 106,000 copies opening week, shifting roughly 140,000 units before dropping off charts 2 weeks later. 

Many questioned how much pull a year old port would have, but it seems that Namco Bandai has included enough bonus content to get the Japanese audience excited about the game again.  The PS3 port of Vesperia has seen the best opening day of the 7 'Tales of' titles released over the past 2 years, and should help the new 120GB PS3 model maintain it's momentum in the region for another week.

Though Namco Bandai hasn't officially made any announcements in regards to a US or European release, the English voice cast of Tales of Vesperia was recently called back to the studio to voice new scenes, imply that it will be released here.

After low sales of Eternal Sonata for PS3 I thought ToV would not gain much sales. I was wrong it looks lile it able to double 360 version sales, at least in Japan. It even could overpass 1m in total sales.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Around the Network

that's a good start.

Very nice im sure Namco is happy.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Very impressive considering its a year later.

Nicely done. Hopefully it makes it way over here eventually.

Around the Network

??? 200k pre-order and less than 150k first day? 50k ppl bother to pre-order but ain't gonna get the title day 1? Baffling....

mibuokami said:
??? 200k pre-order and less than 150k first day? 50k ppl bother to pre-order but ain't gonna get the title day 1? Baffling....

remeber 1.1 million pre orders of Killzone 2 in Europe?? not sure how this whole pre order deal really works out

but great sales nontheless

iBlah said:
mibuokami said:

remeber 1.1 million pre orders of Killzone 2 in Europe?? not sure how this whole pre order deal really works out

but great sales nontheless

I'm pretty sure that was retail pre-orders, not customer pre-orders.

Bravo!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Very nice, hopefully they realize now that the PS3 is the JRPG king in Japan.