By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A prediction involving Wii Zapper

I think most people are forgetting that Wiiware is just around the corner. Even if we don't see big budget games using this device, we will most definitely see Wiiware games using it. I'm thinking of picking it up just for LCT. I doubt I'll ever use it for anything else, but if there are some Wiiware games that use this control scheme then I will most likely use it for those as well.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

ah yes, but what game will have you using the zapper while standing on the balance board... that way they can sell you even more **** you don't need... *sigh*

the guncon looks cooler anyways =p

I think you all completely wrong, topic starter. COMPLETELY wrong. Now...I dont think its the best thing nintendo has come up with or that it is a MUST have, but its a neat little toy. And another hunk of plastic? I have no Wii periphs. Just my Wiimotes. Just because there are tons of options on the market doesnt mean we buy them all.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I think it's pretty accurate to say that the Wii Zapper will do well at first but it will be forgotten by 2009. The only part I didn't agree with in Montana's post is that the Zapper will be discontinued. I betcha they will continue to make those with Link's Crossbow Training until Nintendo makes their next home console. Zelda games will always sell.

bit off topic but im so annoyed. zapper + zelda in Aus is $50! FFS!!!!!!! thats 2.5x US and our dollar is buying 90 *** cents

!!!

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

I actually think WiiWare is a perfect match for this device. Many of the people who get it aren't expecting top of the line games, so cheap downloads will do the trick for them if they know they exist and can get them.

Austrailians: If you want to buy things at the same cost as Americans, increase your country's population by tenfold.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

superchunk said:
Agree. the nes zapper was only used for duck hunt and hogan's alley. At least in my home.

That can shooting in Hogans Alley Rules though~

twesterm said:
I think it's pretty accurate to say that the Wii Zapper will do well at first but it will be forgotten by 2009. The only part I didn't agree with in Montana's post is that the Zapper will be discontinued. I betcha they will continue to make those with Link's Crossbow Training until Nintendo makes their next home console. Zelda games will always sell.

???

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

vizunary said:
ah yes, but what game will have you using the zapper while standing on the balance board... that way they can sell you even more **** you don't need... *sigh*

That soudns like an awesome Silver Surfer game.  Though really, you wouldn't need a Zapper there.  Eh there was that crappy Eureka 7 Anime with the flying surfboard mechs.

Really any FPS would be real interesting like that... Lean foward, or be on the foward part of the board to move foward, lean left adn right to make the screen lean left and right etc...  Movement via Balance board+Zapper could be the most realistic FPS expierence yet.

Though also be way harder then the noraml FPS.

vizunary said:

That soudns like an awesome Silver Surfer game.  Though really, you wouldn't need a Zapper there.  Eh there was that crappy Eureka 7 Anime with the flying surfboard mechs.

Really any FPS would be real interesting like that... Lean foward, or be on the foward part of the board to move foward, lean left adn right to make the screen lean left and right etc...  Movement via Balance board+Zapper could be the most realistic FPS expierence yet.

Though also be way harder then the noraml FPS.