By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia VGChartz players

Nice to see you back in the thread Deathcape :)

Blackjack is probably the best place to learn how to overcome the insanely absurd Maximum AI. At this moment I'm at a 95+ Chain on Blackjack and the only thing that can actually rape me on it is a Lvl 150 Chaos, if I don't go into the fight with a full EX bar that I can carry over the 3 stages of the fight.

Actually all of my leveling up and training of my characters, i've done it on quick battle, against Vicious Maximum AI that's leveled 10/20 levels above the character that i'm leveling up, just to get the feel for the character and to see effective ways to dodge, block or just to see the timings of the character.

I still think that Emperor is one of the easiest characters to fight against ;) His flares, even the blue ones, can be easily dodged, because he always says "Finish!!!" before casting the flare, giving you just enough time to dodge to the side, where you can crush him with a BRV or a fast HP attack.

Have you fought any Lvl 120 Cloud of Darkness? She's the epitome of Brokeness in the game, she'll make you cry and she'll laugh about it xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Nice to see you back in the thread Deathcape :)

Blackjack is probably the best place to learn how to overcome the insanely absurd Maximum AI. At this moment I'm at a 95+ Chain on Blackjack and the only thing that can actually rape me on it is a Lvl 150 Chaos, if I don't go into the fight with a full EX bar that I can carry over the 3 stages of the fight.

Actually all of my leveling up and training of my characters, i've done it on quick battle, against Vicious Maximum AI that's leveled 10/20 levels above the character that i'm leveling up, just to get the feel for the character and to see effective ways to dodge, block or just to see the timings of the character.

I still think that Emperor is one of the easiest characters to fight against ;) His flares, even the blue ones, can be easily dodged, because he always says "Finish!!!" before casting the flare, giving you just enough time to dodge to the side, where you can crush him with a BRV or a fast HP attack.

Have you fought any Lvl 120 Cloud of Darkness? She's the epitome of Brokeness in the game, she'll make you cry and she'll laugh about it xD.

this is funny because the flare is just too fast and if I would attack I' get caught up in the flare midcombo 50% of the time

as for CoD? not so much..I can efectively block most of her oh so slow Brv attacks

fussilade is annoying..that weird laser beam..now that's simply unfair..I'm already close and that thing homes onto you like a faggot at a gaybar

seriously...CoD is annoying but not that bad...I have difficuly landing hits on Emperor or pretty much any character with fast HP moves and fast Brv moves that seem to come out of nowhere (then I can't block correctly or can't dodge correctly)

Firion is easy to beat if you've got a good airgame...becuase he simply sucks in the air

but Onion Knight? Cloud? Bartz? christ..Bartz is annoying...

Have you fought a Maximum level CoD yet? Trust me, the only thing that B*** ever does is Fusilade or 0-Type Beam, she never even bothers to BRV attack xD Oh, and if you do manage to put up an attack, she'll Wrath block it and instantly counter with a HP Attack.
Thank god for Cloud's Defense Crush Ex-Mode xD.

I have no quarrels with fast BRV attackers, especially since now I can effectively play as Onion Knight, Squall and Sephiroth, and because of that, I know how to block their attacks and to time my own combos in conjunction to dodging their own.

I still have some problems with the heavy duty magic users, but that's because you have to adapt your entire strategy for those battles, especially Kefka. Never stay more than a few feet away from a Maximum Kefka, he'll Forsaken Null your ass till the moon xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I finally beated Chaos and unlocked Shantotto and I need PP to unlock Gabranth, Terra is level 100, Cloud 48 and O.K 42.

Well, you should invest sometime on any of the Duel Collosseum fights, you'll gain tons of PP, especially for the trade-off between medals and PP.

I'll be going to level up terra to 100 after I finish WoL, but I think it will be very hard, I have no skills whatsoever with magic users xD

Current PC Build

Around the Network

I try the arcade mode and with 5 battles I win 300 PP, Terra is so easy to use, to reach level 100 I beat Terra's Story 3 time and Shade Impulse and the Shantotto and Gabranth Storys.

Nice :) I'm leveling up my characters to level 100 using the quick battle method that I described to Deathcape. How long did that took you to do?

Current PC Build

3 weeks but I only play on weekends

Well, i've got both WoL and Terra up to level 100, Terra is a complete beast when you have Maduin's Fang and both Super Ribbon and Brigandine (used the heavy armor ability) equipped on her. Meltdown is pretty much a death trap in closed scenarios like Pandaemonium, Kefka's Tower and such and Tornado is a nice follow up for an incomplete Blizzard Combo.

WoL just kicks ass, utterly and completely. His BRV--->HP moves are fantastic since his BRV attacks come out very fast, plus his Shield of Light is a godsend, being able to block any BRV attack (except those with defense crush status) and hit for a nice HP sum at the same time

Current PC Build

i managed to get to chaos (inward chaos)
and it is brutal
even though, i managed to get to third round i just cannot beat him
i only made it there 4 times; that's right, 4 times! out of about a million battles (give or take a few thousand)

it pisses me off because twice i almost beat him in the third round
i think i just got too excited, i don't know, but i end up losing

like i said before, i think when you mash the button the cpu takes note therefore reading what you're planning to do and counter you
in fact, i think the cpu reads your movements, behaviors and frequently used actions to counter you (his Brv attacks are a bitch!)

but.. .. . ...
the fifth time, i finally beat him!
my strategy was fairly cowardly but it worked

it's sad really

right after IC, i proceeded to blackjack right away
i got beat the first time but was able to chain 25
unfortunately, no rare item so far

also, props for you lestat
u made a great choice in cloud
he is now a close second to my squall
it truly is unfortunate squall does not have a Brv to HP attack
Jecht and WoL are pretty awesome characters as well
Jecht is a cool character, pure melee. in my strategy, his only downside is triumphant grasp which aims down; wtf, right?!

and i'm now practicing w/ zidane - he's really light on his feet, which is really cool