By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia VGChartz players

I havent tried that one yet, my knight is level 20.

Around the Network

I'm getting pissed at this game..the computer is simply too good
wich is never fun
this game isn't fun for me anymore.. -__-

there is no decent way to punish the CPU

if you run around and use any Brv attack they block
if you wait for them to attack they use their fastest HP attack or the fastest Brv--->HP combo
if you wait for their HP attack to finish and punish you fail because they air dodge
if you try to HP attack while they HP attack it clashes and ends
the only thing that saves me is saving up Brv and using an EXmode right when they tru to HP attack me, then go into EXBurst

I don't win any other way, unless I tone down the CPU so it fights on a more humane level
(makes mistakes, doesn't block 100% of the time, doesn't counter every single thing I throw out)
and then I beat them fairly easily

but once they are at maximum you can't do crap

it's just not fair really

I've tried everything but theres seems to be nothing, the CPU knows wich attack you're going to used before the animation even starts
it's sad...

I as a human do need time to realise wich moves they used or not...I have reaction time, the CPU does not

sheesh...man...

I think I might quit DFF because it's a bit too brutal for me

@deathcape

LOL!
i knoe, right!

it's funny too i kinda feel tha same way
i swear whenever there's a pause (ie, summons, cosmos/chaos judgment, etc)
and u steadily pushes the button before it resumes

man, if i ddn't knoe any better
the cpu can read that because they immediately cancels whatever they're doing mid-move then block..., or just block

hahah!

but nah, man...
if i can get better, of all people me!
i knoe u can too...
i'm slowly but surely gettin better at this game

EDIT: also, just to let u guyz knoe my record in IC is probably 1 win out of about 50-80 battles per character, and have yet to beat it

LOL!

I had to get Tidus to level 80 before I could defeat Chaos, but at that level I didn't even need to use my EX burst, but I did anyway just to rub it in :)

hey, lestat
so do u hav to use certain characters to get certain items (in general but specifically ghost battles)?

i swear i must've fought steiner w/ squall so much and could not get excalibur ii but then i fought him once w/ cloud and was able to get it in one

also, damn cloud is a freakin' beast!
his attacks are just massive

but..., i'm still a squall-user
which extra equips should i give him (In Shop, in ETC)?
i notice u guyz had been talkin about ribbons lately;
so far i hvn't bought any extra cuz i wanna only buy whichever is best

also i'm actually considering buying a usb card; it can be any card right? nothing special?
i'm not rushing, though...

and i've been practicing agains lv100 chaos...
is there a way to block soul oblivion?
i mean most of his moves is near unblockable/undodgeable but at least his other ones i've managed to at dodge or block here and there
but soul oblivion is just crap
also i've actually managed to reach the round 3 of chaos a couple of times while battling him at lv100
even though i've gotten my ass wiped but utter chaos was fun!
since then even if i battle him at lv30 he even does it there now too! wtf?!!!

Around the Network

@Deathcape

Don't give up, I know the game can get frustrating, but trust me, you can become better than the CPU :) They have higher timings and almost always block on reaction, which is something that you can do with enough training. Trust me, nothing's harder in this game other than fighting Maximum Lvl 150 enemies in Blackjack. My first fights on it I couldn't even lay a finger on them, they are just too damn brutal. Yet now, with enough training and enough times losing to them, i've managed to properly defeat them.

It takes time and practice, but you will be able to beat the CPU most of the times, trust me ;) just don't give it up.

@PSwii60

Most item drops are % locked, so it's absolutely dependent on how much Luck your character has, even 1 point difference can make a huge deal in the global item % drop. At 70 luck you have about 15% chance that Excalibur II will drop, at 69 it drops massively to 10%.

At which level are you with Squall? I suggest you getting his ultimate weapon, Lionheart, or if you can't, just stick to Ragnarok or Excalibur II if you're doing an EX-Build.
For armor, I suggest either the Adamant Set or the Genji Set, those are the two best sets for melee fighters.
Ribbons are more hard to use, except for a limited role of characters. To use them in any other characters you have to purchase a Equip Ribbons ability in the etc shop, and then equip that ability on your character. It takes 20 AP to be able to equip it.
Ribbons are massively useful if you're doing a Thief build or a EX-Build. I suggest you going for the Super Ribbon in a ghost card (I think it's Ultros friend card) because it gives you a Accesory Breakability -30%, which means that you can equip Chocobo Feathers, Mog Amulets and SuperSlicks without them ever breaking ;).

I think it can be any card, but I'll check the Xlink Kai site for the cards that it recommends and i'll post it here then.

About Chaos, the only attack that it's unblockable is Divine Punishment, the only way to escape it is to stand perfectly still until the 6 balls of fire are almost exploding, then dodging to the side. Chaos will be left mid-motion and you can punish it then ;) About Soul Oblivion, it's the easiest spell to punish in him, since he has to fully charge it before he releases it. Just dash to him and hit him with your best attack as soon as he sets up the move. Chaos is the cheapest fight in the whole game, I myself am still pissed off because of a LVL 150 Chaos -___-

@Spartan004

Nice, good going on defeating Chaos ;) Do you use Tidus exclusively?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@ lestat

mostly, the next highest character I have is Squall at lv 29, and Cloud's at 26, everyone else is below 20, there's some characters I haven't even used yet, mostly villians since I have no interest in using them for the exception of Sephiroth and his overcompensatory blade

@spartan004

Well, Sephiroth is a good choice for a Chaos character, his attacks come out super fast and he can hit from anywhere on the battle field. He's also one of my Lvl 100 characters too.

Tidus is a great character to use, Stefl1504 uses him all the time when we battle online, and he always gets hits on me, especially because of all the dodge and hit moves, makes it so damn hard to set up a proper blocking sequence xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Oh, what happened to the people posting in this thread? :( Did Dissidia love died already?

I'm upgrading all my characters to level 100 and getting their respective ultimate weapons as well, at the same time. So far I've got 7 characters done, Cloud, Zidane, Onion Knight, Sephiroth, Squall, Tidus and Gabranth and I'm starting to do Warrior of Light.

Has any of you done any progress on the game?

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Oh, what happened to the people posting in this thread? :( Did Dissidia love died already?

I'm upgrading all my characters to level 100 and getting their respective ultimate weapons as well, at the same time. So far I've got 7 characters done, Cloud, Zidane, Onion Knight, Sephiroth, Squall, Tidus and Gabranth and I'm starting to do Warrior of Light.

Has any of you done any progress on the game?

yeah..: CPU keeps raping me..

you can't mindgame the AI..the AI is too good

there's no freaking point..

playing blackjack is like punishment..>_> it doesn't matter how well I know the opponent or my own moves and limitations..they wil beat me period.

I dunno...I think that's kinda annoying I suppose..so I play it randomly for fun..

but seriously? humans you can fool, you can mindgame, trick have fun..surprise them

CPU is retarded..they block the instant you do a Brv attack and when you block expecting an attack they instnaly do an HP attack..they dodge everything the right way and counter is correctly

you say CPU can't play Emperor of Palemecia?

Flare is one of the fastest close range HP attacks and the blue one tracks forever.. >_> whenver I'm close and try to attack I get flared..or when my attack misses or gets blocked I get flares in my face

none of his Brv attacks hit me anymore but I just keep eating flares while I can hardly land any Brv or HP attack on him/other characters

idk...@_@

I mean wow...really?

*is frustrated with DFF*