By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia VGChartz players

hey guys, I'm converting some gameplay data...

I just got revolver drive so..don't push it man,

xD

I still have to level up and master moves, so it's going to take a while

I would really appreciate some tips and tricks where I should change my playstyle

Around the Network

@deathcape

What level are you with Leon? You should level him up to level 100 before you try to change your playstyle, since most builds and strategies revolve around lvl 100 characters, that's where the real fun of Dissidia really begins :).

@stefl

I understand you, my only game time usually comes in the form of breaks from lab work or some minutes before i go to bed xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

heh...but man, I mean, I need tips and tricks as to comboing and such I suppose, just take a look

I don't have alot of equips and accessories yet, I still have to max out my character and after watching the vid you will know what Lvl I am ...not too high

You had a good battle against WoL, but I found a few flaws in your strategy:

0:19 - Never attack a downed AI opponent with BRV, they will dodge it most of the times or counterattack you, you were lucky he didn't Rune Saber you there

Most Shields of Light - Dodge forward the moment the circle is completed, that way you'll jump over the attack and get a free hit on WoL

0:58 - You got the break, play on the defense, wait for your opponent to attack since he won't be using HP attacks when he's broken, block the attack and then counter with an HP attack, don't waste your break on building a higher BRV count, it's far better to chip away at your opponent HP than to go for a one hit kill

1:17 - You went EX, once again play on the defense, you could have killed him with a HP attack which would have done Wall rush HP damage + EX burst.

1:52 - You broke him once again and yet you didn't go for the killing blow, revolver drive only truly works with you staggerin your opponent, you would have done far better using a Rough Divide aerial, you should use that move more.

2:10 - Bad use of a HP attack, that BRV attack of WoL could be seen coming from a mile.

2:43 - Awesome dodge of Shield of Light, great opportunity for HP attack there, you should have used it and the afterwards go for the EX core

The rest of the battle was well thought of. Also you should use your EX bar only when you're in the middle of an enemy attack, you will stagger your opponent and get a free HP hit most of the times.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@deathcape

Sorry about the delay, was analizing your fight ;) Can you give me your equipment and accessory stats so I can see where you can improve them? Also, I realize that you're probably level 33-36 more or less correct?

Current PC Build

Around the Network

did you finish watching? I tuned 39 in that vid lol

yeah I noticed, but I'm using Leon as a bank: saving up Brv

I don't enjoy using HP attacks and rather use my Brv attacks and thanks for all these helpful comments

I will be trying to play once again, keeping all of your advice in mind
especially about playing defensive, cuz you're right...if I get a break, why should I be on the offense? I already got what I wanted xP
and true...EXmode while under attack is much more useful (or when knowing your HP attack will hit)

but idk..as for my equips, will check soon...keep in mind, I have like..no Gil

so I still can't buy the best stuff, or can't trade either, since I need more materials, but I'll give you the list

Saber/Hyper Wrist/Heavy Helm/Poncho

Bless Powder/Attractorb/Titan Powder/Crimson Shard/EX Mode

and I also updated my vid with some funny captions near the start and end...

especially end, guess I will keep making vids though, I really enjoy it, maybe once I learn how to actually work with the camera I'll be making funny videos...anyone else here feel slightly gay for Squall's sexy JP voice? (Itachi/Ukitake Jushiro) damnit..

Shishi no Kokoro!! (Lionheart)

Looool, sorry for the mistake, I ended watching when you got the EX burst on him :P You have the adequate equipment for starters, because if you don't have gil you can't yet afford the Diamond Set+ which is uber for level 36+ characters.

For accesories I suggest you focus more on accesories that give you + stats, because even a +1 attack or +1 defense really makes a ton of difference, especially on critical hits.

I recommend you farming the item set that's on the first Duel Colosseum, it will help you in these fights. I believe that each item costs 18 medals, and will only appear when you're at card luck 5, but it's worth it ;) Took me 30 battles to get it.

Nice subs in the vid, only noticed it now :P

That video reminded me that i've still got to edit the epic fight video between me and Stefl xD never got to that properly, this weekend i'll give it a go xD.

Current PC Build

hahaha I haven't finished the main chaos story yet, just Squall and Cloud's stories, moving onto that main story slowly but surely, so after that I can start farming right?

and I'll look for those stat increasing items instead then..

lol...gonna add more subs somtime soon...but hell, I was really lucky WoL screwed up near the end, his Shield of Light was starting to pressure me, one HP attack and I would have died..

so yeah

I'll be trying to fix all those things..besides..isn't that vid epicly in tune with anime?: main protagonist keeps losing till the very end, where he turn the tide of battle xDD lol

hahaha, that was fun, gotta admit, my favorite dodge in that fight was when he was about to do SoL and I pressed triangle and ran up the pillar as he blasted it

it's like this fight came straight out of FFVIII...advent children 2? lol!

anyway...some fights on youtube are boring, but I hope to see alot of epic fights soon

Actually, once you finish a main story, you can then play Shade Impulse Story, and when you finish that, you'll unlock the Duel Colosseum, then you can start farming ;) I have over 1M gil so far, you'll start farming way too fast once you get the DC.

Dissidia can make for some epic fights. Most of my fights tend to last at most 20 seconds, due to me wanting to finish them as fast as I can to build up a nice chain on Blackjack, but some fights against Level 130 have taken me over 5 minutes, with counter, counterblocks, and one minute long dodges xD.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Dissidia can make for some epic fights. Most of my fights tend to last at most 20 seconds, due to me wanting to finish them as fast as I can to build up a nice chain on Blackjack, but some fights against Level 130 have taken me over 5 minutes, with counter, counterblocks, and one minute long dodges xD.

I hear you there, why are the 130s so damn tough ><. Onion knight is pain at 130 for me.