By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Achievements are popular...... Make Shenmue for XBLA....!!!!!!!!!!!!

The name of the title kind of says it all.

But allow me to go in to more detail.

Shenmue was an IMMENSLY popular game amongst Dreamcast owners & MS had Shenmue II on the origional xbox.

Who on earth would not want to play this game again with the added incentive of going for achievements?

Why not re-release Shenmue on XBLA? imagine it, one of the pioneering games of its generation and a pioneer of open world adventure (sorry GTA, you were late to this party), Virtua fighter style combat, mini games like darts and slot machines, CLASSIC Sega games in Shenmues arcades like Outrun and Space harrier, a BEAUTIFUL game graphically that still stands the test of time despite it been 10 years old, QTE's that are second to none, RPG elements, 100's of characters to interact with, an epic CLASSIC story of love and revenge that could have so many twists, arm wrestling, forklift truck driving............... do i need to go on?

Shenmue had literally EVERYTHING all nicely rolled together in to one tidy package.

If this game never gets re-released, it would be a crime against the gaming world.

If it does get re-released and people buy this game in numbers then it could finally lead to Shenmue 3 been made.

Yu Suzuki, we need you , save this industry thats full of games that rip you off & only take 3 damn hours to complete (Batman AA, Heavenly sword, Terminator salvation ect).

Bring back TRUE story telling that also has lengthy gameplay to back the story up.

Around the Network

I would pay 1200-1600msp for it easily. They could upscale it to 1080p and smooth it out also.

The only problem is XBLA arcade titles are limited to 12 achievements.

I wouldn't mind if you could have lots of little 5G achievements which added up to 200.

id buy it in a heart beat

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Achievement ideas......................

1. Perform an entire QTE event perfectly.

2. Complete outrun in the arcade going through all right paths (the hardest route)

3. Hit a 180 in a game of darts (harder to do than GTA IV's darts effort)

4. Do your forklift job effectively (say for a week)

5. Win a set amount of arm wrestling contests.

6. Fight your way through the 70 man battle alongside Gui Zhang and only take x amount of damage.

ect ect, theres SOOOOOOOOOOOO many possibilities.

I already saw the first one as a movie and compleetly played through the second one. An amazing game with some flaws that almost made me hate it, but I ended up loving it anyway. I'm not sure if I would buy Shenmue 1 but it's a unique experience that would make for a great XBLA game. But isn't it incredibly expensive to port this game to the xbox? This isn't your usual 2d arcade mini game so it has to sell incredibly to be profitable and that has always been Shenmue's downfall.

Around the Network

Dreamcast didn't sell too well (unfortunately)

Origional xbox didn't sell too well.

360 now has 30 million + owners (silver and gold accounts can buy xbla games)

XBLA is proving to be incredibly popular (top games regularly selling hundreads of thousands).

Shenmue cost Sega a lot of money, why for the love of god do they not try to recoup some of that money?

Hell, make it on psp too if you have to.

Release this game for a new generation Sega.

So many people missed out on this magical game.

... Arkham Asylum does not take 3 hours. Stop spreading lies.

You could have a Achievement for opening ever dresser drawer in the game.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
... Arkham Asylum does not take 3 hours. Stop spreading lies.

Thats how long it takes to start recycling ideas...which were already recycled from other games.

I 1000 percent approve of this idea

they should do shenmue 1 and 2, and SOMEHOW even if its 10 minutes long, carve out a third

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889