By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has a Wii but isn't playing with it?

BenKenobi88 said:
konnichiwa said:
We need to organize a VGCHARTZ tournament when Brawl has released.

There's still a decent chance the Tournament mode will support online play...don't see why they couldn't implement it.

But yes...we'll have to have a big thread...knockout loser...that would rock.

Hehe I want to play against Soriku!!

Around the Network

I can see it now...

"AND THE WINNER, BY A STUNNING VICTORY, IS MONTANAHATCHET AND DIDDY KONG!"

I dont play with my Wii.. my girlfriend takes care of that

Oh, I sold my Nintendo Wii back at e3. I beat Metroid on my friend's Wii.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Right now I'm not playing anything, including Wii, Pc or guitar. I blame school and my romance interests.

Beat Metroid Prime 3. Waiting for SMG.
Currently playing Halo 3 MP and Team Fortress MP.
Both awesome MP games.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
konnichiwa said:
We need to organize a VGCHARTZ tournament when Brawl has released.

There's still a decent chance the Tournament mode will support online play...don't see why they couldn't implement it.

But yes...we'll have to have a big thread...knockout loser...that would rock.

Hell yes, I'm so in! m/

MontanaHatchet said:
I can see it now...

"AND THE WINNER, BY A STUNNING VICTORY, IS MONTANAHATCHET AND DIDDY KONG!"

*ahem*

Don't you mean makingmusic476 and Snake? :P 

From the latest Famitsu, according to IGN:

"It's not all good news for Nintendo, though. Hamamura noted that the Wii hasn't seen a second big hit at the level of Wii Sports, and cited figures that suggest 67% of Wii owners haven't used the system of late. However, he admitted that Wii Fit is drawing attention, and added that it's possible that more games make the platform switch akin to Monster Hunter 3."

It's seems like more than just the few of us in this thread are getting bored with their Wiis.  Could this explain the slump in sales over in Japan?  It used to outsell the ps3 7:1, now it's 3:1 at most.

I'm in this boat. I sold RE4, Zelda, TRauma Center, Red Steel, and others. Only games I have now are Metroid and Wii Sports. I bought MP3 day 1 and played about halfway through. Then I got busy with Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Bioshock, and Halo 3. Can't even bring myself to go back to metroid even though the first Prime is probably my favorite game ever.

I got sin and punishment on VC and played it for a day or two and haven't touched it since. Really, my wii just collects dust. That'll change when Galaxy comes out, but I'm not even sure if I'll get SSBB. I'll have too many other games to play.

I bought it at launch, beat Zelda, played Sports/Play for like 10 minutes, and left it to rot until the Japanese FE10 launch, completed that in a month, got sick of it due to limited grasp of the Japanese language, so it was left to rot for a few more months until MP3. Played through that on all modes except Hyper since the first seed boss raped me so badly I got sick of it. Now it's rotting again, but I expect more life upon the NA FE10 launch, which should get me about a year or two of playtime. Depends on when my Ike/Tormod fetish wears off. Brawl might keep me occupied for a while too, but I'm skeptical about that.

So, in a nutshell, it's been rotting for quite a while with a few short bursts of life, although that will change soon.