By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Games or Movies - Which do you prefer?

if i know i wont be able to concentrate or i want passive entertainment i'll watch a movie, but i love the interactivity of video games

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network

If there is a movie that looks decent ill choose it over gaming especially in the evenings (i can always play something after)

Overall Movies are much superior to Games in terms of storytelling

Seece said:

Games, only film I am/have been anticipating is Toy Story 3 and a new Batman if it's good.

dont u mean 3d and i also want to see it!

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

largedarryl said:
Personally I prefer video games, but unfortunately I have a wife. Now because my wife dislikes most video games (insert every violent game here), I tend to actually enjoy crappy movies more than good video games because of the quality time I get to spend with my wife.

This is me, only my wife prefers video games too!

I win.

I think games you get more out of your money though we don't have a proper godzilla game on wii yet

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Nothing beats a good movie. but a video game will give you longer entertainment.

Khuutra said:
largedarryl said:
Personally I prefer video games, but unfortunately I have a wife. Now because my wife dislikes most video games (insert every violent game here), I tend to actually enjoy crappy movies more than good video games because of the quality time I get to spend with my wife.

This is me, only my wife prefers video games too!

I win.

I'm sure I could enjoy more games with my wife (I do enjoy some casual games with her), but I have 3 kids under the age of 5 and the attention requirements of 2 parents do not allow for very good gaming environments (and she kind of sucks too).

Movies suck these days...its either a prequal, sequal, remake, asian remake, off a comic book, novel, kids book, TV shows, anime, base off a true story, base off something that the uncreative minds at hollywood can use etc...

Ill choose games any day over movies. Its just more enjoyable overall.

....but if you get The Watchmen PS3 game that comes with the Blu-ray movie then thats win win....but i also heard the movie and game wasnt that great...so maybe its a lose lose lol

I used to buy most mainstream movie releases and watch them.

Now, I buy most mainstream video game releases and (try) to play them...

$60 gives you 8-12 hours of interactive entertainment excercising your mind... Many provide much more through multi-player and multiple play-thrus...

$20 DVDs gice you 2 hours of mind numbing entertainment...

I am not going back to movies again.

video games. Movies these days are too reliant on effects and explosions. To be honest though, i rarely watch movies, haven't visited a theater in years, and i've only watched a handful of movies twice