By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN's review of Scribblenauts.

Closing Comments
Even though I harp on the clunky controls, I'm still a huge Scribblenauts fan and fully believe that, even with Maxwell's awkwardness, this game is one of the top titles on the Nintendo DS platform. The game is enormous fun as an interactive toy, a sandbox for players to simply muck around outside of the normal progression, and the puzzles themselves can be challenging and encourage some wild thought processes. Scribblenauts has all the makings of a franchise and I will not be surprised at all to see it in sequel form sooner than later…and not just as a Nintendo DS game, either. Lets just hope that when that happens Maxwell gets a control upgrade.
IGN Ratings for Scribblenauts (DS)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.0 Presentation
If anything, Scribblenauts is wholly original and it's amazing to experience its vast library of stuff. The ability to make your own challenges and play around without penalty is also fab.
8.5 Graphics
The cartoony, paper doll style is extremely charming and the physics engine is fun to tinker around with
9.0 Sound
Love the happy, energetic original soundtrack. It definitely sets the tone for Scribblenauts' unique style and atmosphere.
8.5 Gameplay
The game's a better sandbox than it is a self-contained game, but its progression is great too. Maxwell's controls stink, though, and you'll find yourself growing increasingly frustrated with him.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
There are so many challenges in Scribblenauts of various difficulty. And once you're done, you're encouraged to build your own.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

A great score, but not quite as high as I thought it would get after the E3 previews.  I'm still planning on getting this but I am a little nervous about the controls.

Around the Network

pretty good score

:O 100% of people who voted said they were going to get scribblenauts. (getting it tomorrow)

seems some party poopers had to go and vote no

Looks like M&L is a priority now.

MANUELF said:

M&L will be better than Scribblenauts.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:

why do you say that?

--

good score, the controls are indeed annoying. you don't need pixel-perfect precision in the jumps, but there was no reason they couldn't use the D-pad.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:
MANUELF said:

why do you say that?

--

good score, the controls are indeed annoying. you don't need pixel-perfect precision in the jumps, but there was no reason they couldn't use the D-pad.

Because I can't buy two games in a week I need to buy one first and that first is M&L.

how can the controls be annoying

I've seen videos for this AMAZING LOOKING GAME.....how exactly can the controls be bad?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

this first then M&L.

wth is M&L?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey