By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Over 200 devs working on MGS4...

tombi123 said:
@happy squrriel

well you havent Pwnd anyone yet because the game is developed in Japan not the USA. PWND :)

Yep. Using USA numbers for Japan "pwnd cat pic"

Around the Network

@ Montana, you seem to have a lot of trouble reading lately..
@ Mars, look who's talking about facts, the guy that usually never provides a shred of proof...

OT: It's no secret that game production has become somewhat expensive as of this gen. Let's hope for Konami's sake that the game sells well...And that they ONLY spent those 30 million to create mgs 4.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

This worries me.

Not that there are 200 Devs on a game that looks promising, even if Snake has become a very dirty, clearly bisexual man who likes it rough.

That no one is blinking much of an eye at tossing around numbers like 20-40 million to develop the game. That kinda worries me. Becomming more and more the rule, and less the exception.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

tombi123 said:
@happy squrriel

well you havent Pwnd anyone yet because the game is developed in Japan not the USA. PWND :)

While the salaries for Japan won't be the same, it's unlikely that they're overwhelmingly different.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

^ I take it that you're worried the trend might continue leading to the creation of less new ips in fear of not making a profit or breaking even?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
@happy squrriel

Possible that the devs working at Konami on MGS4 are more expensive a year then the avarage developper.

This confirms MSG4's multiplat status. Why else would they need so many developers for one game unless some of them were working on a 360 port?

kevbo77 said:
This confirms MSG4's multiplat status. Why else would they need so many developers for one game unless some of them were working on a 360 port?

Proven exclusivity contract means nothing, pathetic.

They would like a world wide launch, only way to do is get the localization done.

kevbo77 said:

You should read this:

Programming detailed car models on the PS3 is a ridiculously time-consuming process. "For Gran Turismo 1, one car was one day's work for one man," Yamauchi said. "For GT3, one car was one man's work for 30 days. For GT5, one car is one man's work for 180 days."

I can't find it anymore but I am pretty sure that their are more than 100 maybe 200 devs 
working at GT5.

I understand that they need a lot of Devs for MGS4. 

kevbo77 said:

Halo 3 had around 200 devs. I guess that is going multiplat aswell .