By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft Vs. Sony: A fight to the finish? Nintendo flourishing in the midst?

@wojtas

LAIR wasn't 3rd party first of all

2. VF 5 wasn't a flop

what exactly did you excpect it to sell at this point in Ps3's lifetime

MADDEN has sold around 500K on Ps3 with around 2 Million owners present in USA

Wii one sold around 150K

BOOGIE bombed on the wii

TBH

360's like HEAVEN for TP's right now

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Madden, a bad game?

Pardon my French, but you are wrong.

Wojtas said:
I thought that we had the 3rd party developer issue done away with? I mean leo-j saying that 3rd party games flop? We can always through that arguement right back at the PS3 with Gabe Newell : "the ps3 is a waste of everybody's time". Not to mention that some heavily awaited 3rd party games turned out to be....flops *cough*Lair, virtua fighter*cough*

Want to compare success or failures compare Multiplatform games.

"cough" Madden 08.

As far as Newell "cough" Insomniacs.

@Soriku

oh, I thought SONY brought them

anyways, good SONY didn't waste their money on F5...lol

Now a Rogue Squadron for WII would be fun, + they could release a special star wars plane steering thingy....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Lair was second party - Sony published it, F5 made it.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Soriku

3RD party games flop on the wii. "EPIC GAMES: The wii is a waste for developers"

3rd party games so far on Wii -> PATHETIC! (Even RE4 is a direct port) and they almost sell as well as PS3 3rd party games which are so far, way better (RS:Vegas, Skate, NBA Live,etc).

If Monster Hunter 3 and Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles flop, then you'll be totally right. 

MontanaHatchet said:
Madden, a bad game?

Pardon my French, but you are wrong.

For the Wii?

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Madden NFL 08 X360 EA Sports 43 7.682.9%
2. Madden NFL 08 PS3 EA Sports 24 3.782.2%
3. Madden NFL 08 WII EA Sports 23 6.078.1%

The average user review is 60% while it was consistently viewed as the worst version of the lot ...

1up.com said:

While the Xbox 360 version of the game kicked off a "best Madden ever?" argument in the office, the same game on the Wii is so full of flaws that whatever joy you'll get out of the motion controls and countless gameplay modes (it's got lots) is quickly doused by shoddy defensive A.I. and other tiny issues that are evident throughout.

You know, when i look at games like Zack&Wiki, Resident Evil 4, Pro evolotuion soccer, nights, dragon blade:WoF, final fantasy:cc, medal of honour: heroes 2, no more heroes plus a couple more, i don't get the feeling that other developers lack feeling, rather they feel the lack of creativity it takes to make their games attractive anymore.

Graphics , au contraire to popular belief, shouldn't be the reason to buy games anymore. I understand the difference that gfx made when the crossover from ps1 to ps2 was made, but now's kinda different. After recieving multiple games with the same gameplay scenario's things just somehow stopped being fresh (nfs is a good example). Now when there is a system that offers something very new, a new control scheme, devs seem to have problems realizing just what they can achieve with it. Those that do can expect very good sales. My example for this....is to be seen if it actually delivers, but it's pro evo 2008 for the Wii. Seriously, those gameplay mechanics that are being implamented are just out of this world imo.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

darthdevidem said:
@wojtas

LAIR wasn't 3rd party first of all

2. VF 5 wasn't a flop

what exactly did you excpect it to sell at this point in Ps3's lifetime

MADDEN has sold around 500K on Ps3 with around 2 Million owners present in USA

Wii one sold around 150K

BOOGIE bombed on the wii

TBH

360's like HEAVEN for TP's right now
What do you mean Lair wasn't 3rd party? Of course it was, it was developed by Factor 5.Not a flop? On the PS3? One of the better fighter game series the world has ever seen? How many units did it sell thus far on the PS3? 200 k?  Well if i'm not to expect much from the PS3 at this time, then what right do people have to expect good 3rd party sales as of now from the Wii? An illogical point you made there. And yes, thexbox s a haven for 3rd parties.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@wojtas

uhhhh, maybe because wii has double the frikking installed base...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million